Reload this Page >

Hotels in London

Search

Hotels in London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 01:11 PM
J

Hotels in London

Hello! I am traveling to London for a week, and I'm trying to decide between these two hotels: The Cumberland, and the Hilton Metropole Hotel, both located near Oxford St. Does anyone have any opinions on either? Thanks!!

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Mike

Both are large centrally located hotels of a similar standard. As there is little differnce in the two I would opt for the Cumberland as it has a better location. The Hilton is about 1 mile less central, whereas the Cumberland is right at Marble Arch / Oxford Street.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 03:04 PM
bettyk

I believe I saw on one of the hotel websites that the Cumberland was undergoing some renovation so the discounted prices were to compensate for the noise, etc. May want to check it out.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 11:16 PM
RRR

The Metropole is a less central but is right on the tube. I found it a nice place to return to at the end of a day of sightseeing. Great rooms, lots of amenities - all you would expect from a Hilton. Starbucks down the way too for coffee fix. Otherwise, not a whole lot to see outside the hotel.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Karen

My husband and I will be in London in January and found a great deal at www.londontown.com. We are staying at the Millenium Hotel Knightsbridge (4 star) for 47 pounds per night. Just thought I'd share the info since the price was so great.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 11:02 AM
susanne

Karen- double check that price. I think its 47# per person per night.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Bonnie

No, Karen knows what she got. I'm staying there too in Feb. for 59 per room, double (not inc. VAT). I saw the rate for Jan. at 47 too on londontown.com and that's a double room, per room per night.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Cassandra

I saw the rate for the Millinium Knightbridge also...Has anyone stayed there before? How was it?