Notices

Hotels in London

Mar 17th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in London

Hello,

I will be traveling to London for business in June 2014. I will be travelling in and around the UK for a couple of weeks and will need a hotel room in London for a few nights likely 2 separate times. I need some hotel suggestions as to where to stay. I have been to London twice before, but the place I usually stayed at is too expensive in June (Nadler Kensington). I am looking for something ideally no more than $200 Canadian per night, free wifi, with a lift and close to a tube station. It would be great if the hotel was also located close to shops and restaurants. I am not picky about how close it is to attractions, as if it is close to the tube, I can always get there. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Mar 17th, 2014, 08:49 AM

There are websites that list London hotels by area and price:

www.londontown.com
www.lastminute.com
www.laterooms.com

We always use these and can find good deals for most places.
Mar 17th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Ok, sorry I should have added a bit more detail. I am looking for something no more than 110-115 GBP per night.

Also, I am a solo female traveler, so being in a safe area is important to me. I want to feel like I can walk to the tube station and to the hotel without feeling unsafe.
Mar 17th, 2014, 09:06 AM

Check out premier inn and look at locations close to the river.
Mar 17th, 2014, 09:28 AM

< I should have added a bit more detail. I am looking for something no more than 110-115 GBP per night.>

You said that - you mentioned you're looking for a hotel for 200 Loonies per.

Rubicund has the best idea - check out the interactive hotel map on londontown.com. And use the option that includes the tube map so you can see where the hotel is in relation to the Tube.
Mar 17th, 2014, 09:38 AM

I agree - check londontown.com and both the Premier Inn and Travelodges

Even Premier Inn and Travelodge which are budget chains can be above your budget for certain dates so you need to plug in your specific dates.
Mar 17th, 2014, 10:06 AM

I stayed at the Morgan Hotel in 2009, and just booked one of their single rooms at £115 for my trip in May. Tripadvisor reviews are still good, and the location is excellent - however, it does not have a lift, and I'm not sure what floor the single rooms are on. On my last trip, it wasn't the most updated decor you'll find (just very traditional bedspreads, etc), but the staff was great and the location is hard to beat for me. It's down the street from the British Museum, very close to Tottenham Court Road stop and a few minutes' walk from Holborn tube stop.

www.morganhotel.co.uk

I tried londontown.com for this trip as well, and for a single room, booking direct with the hotel got me a better deal than I could find there. I could have saved a little bit with Hotwire but, since I'm not used to traveling solo, decided I'd rather pay a tad extra to be somewhere I was familiar with. If you are used to it, I was seeing rooms in the City for $165-180 USD, some with free wifi and some not.
Mar 17th, 2014, 11:10 AM

Try to find a deal for Hotel Xenia.
Or, there is a Premier Inn very close to your fave Nadler.
Mar 18th, 2014, 06:16 AM

I'm in London in June - travelling solo, female - and wanted to be in central location, so have booked a room in a University student hall in Bloomsbur. Will fit your budget - http://www.university-rooms.com/
Mar 18th, 2014, 07:58 AM

steve10988: You have recommended that same website in most of your posts on every Fodors forum . . . Are you by any chance an employee???
Mar 18th, 2014, 08:58 AM

I have walked past the New Linden Hotel, and it looks very nice (and I'm not an employee). There are lots of small restaurants on Hereford Road, it's close to Notting Hill Gate station and Queensway, and there are two good pubs very nearby.

I haven't been inside though, so can only comment on the location.
Mar 18th, 2014, 09:08 AM

I wasn't complaining about the New Linden - it is a decent option. It was the johansen's link (posted many times on all the boards)

Search this Thread