Reload this Page >

NEW YEARS EVE IN PARIS!!

Search

NEW YEARS EVE IN PARIS!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 1998, 03:10 PM
Isabel Marino

NEW YEARS EVE IN PARIS!!

<BR> My husband and I will be spending New Years Eve in Paris and are wondering if anyone had any recomendations as to how to ring in the new year. Also, are we going to freeze to death this time of year? Any ideas/suggestions are very welcomed.

Old Oct 22nd, 1998, 06:21 AM
kris

We spent New Year's Eve in Paris a couple of years ago. We were on a budget so we had an inexpenseive dinner and then joined the informal street party on the Champs D'Elysses (sp?) where it seemed like most of Paris had gathered, drinking champagne. It was quite chilly the year we were there so I would bring a winter coat, gloves and a hat just in case. We really needed it when we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. <BR> <BR>If you're in Paris for several days and are planning to visit museums, churches, etc you might look into the museum pass. The best part about the card is that you can bypass the long lines to buy tickets. This was especially nice at the Louvre and Versailles as the lines were very long. <BR>

Old Oct 22nd, 1998, 10:49 AM
QM

It is generally very cold but there doesn't tend to be snow or ice. A head's up if you aren't headed for a tourist spot for dinner: the French thing to do for New Year's Eve is a celebratory dinner out; most good restaurants have special menus and are fully booked well in advance...I would strongly suggest calling ahead to check on availability if you plan on eating in a nice restaurant that evening.

Old Oct 22nd, 1998, 12:00 PM
elaine

My experience with Paris weather is that <BR>it is SOMETIMES comparable with the weather in the mid-Atlantic states in the US, except Paris rarely gets quite as very cold nor quite as very hot as those states can be. However, although <BR>Paris is likely to be cold in late December (temps in the 30s and 40s, F)it is certainly likely to be raining frequently. My advice would be to plan for rain as well as cold, including footwear. You can check the various weather sites on the web <BR>for average temps and precip, as well <BR>as actual forecasts just before you go. <BR>The Weather Channel, USA Today, The Washington Post, CNN, the New Yor Times, all provide weather info, although they also vary from each other. <BR>

Old Oct 22nd, 1998, 12:00 PM
elaine

My experience with Paris weather is that <BR>it is SOMETIMES comparable with the weather in the mid-Atlantic states in the US, except Paris rarely gets quite as very cold nor quite as very hot as those states can be. However, although <BR>Paris is likely to be cold in late December (temps in the 30s and 40s, F)it is certainly likely to be raining frequently. My advice would be to plan for rain as well as cold, including footwear. You can check the various weather sites on the web <BR>for average temps and precip, as well <BR>as actual forecasts just before you go. <BR>The Weather Channel, USA Today, The Washington Post, CNN, the New Yor Times, all provide weather info, although they also vary from each other. <BR>