Silja Line cruise to Helsinki

Old Sep 21st, 1998, 06:43 AM
Dennis Holland

Silja Line cruise to Helsinki

Is there a cruise discounter that can get a cheaper fare on the overnight Silja Line ships from Stockholm to Helsinki than what is published in their brochures? Any suggestions.?

Thanks,
Dennis

Old Sep 21st, 1998, 09:42 AM
Camilla

Hey !
You can check Viking Lines they are cheaper and Birka princess.
Viking line i think is about 200 kr two ways.

Enjoy your travell, Camilla

Old Sep 23rd, 1998, 03:30 AM
Donna

We went on the Silja line in May for the overnight round trip Stockholm-Helsinki-Stockholm. I don't know about a discount, but I do know that in talking with other travelers, the Silja was given higher marks than the Viking line. We enjoyed it fully. You might try for a room overlooking the promenade. This is an inside room, with a big window overlooking the center area of the ship.

If you want a preview of what the Helsinki harbor looks like: we were recently watching the movie "Jackal" starring Bruce Willis and Richard Gere, and about 5 minutes into the movie the scene becomes the harbor at Helsinki, with Silja ship on the left and Viking ship on the right What fun to see this after being there!

Don't miss the duty free shopping.

Old Sep 23rd, 1998, 06:01 AM
Wasa the swede

Hi Dennis...
Yes there is very big discount's on trip's to Helsinki from Stockholm and that's goes for Silja Line, Viking Lines and Birka princess. ( and all destinations on the baltic sea) The thing to do is to have a look in swedish newspapers (might not be so easy for you) one week to one month before leaving. They sell out "cruises" ( returnticket's + cabine + one or two meals ) for next to nothing. (49 kr or 99 kr). They want you to be on board and
spend your money.

Good luck wasa

Old Oct 23rd, 1998, 08:24 AM
margo hart

Definitely buy your tickets from a travel bureau in Sweden- rates are so
much cheaper.