HOTELS IN GREECE,SANTORINI AND ISTANBUL

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 09:10 AM
SA

HOTELS IN GREECE,SANTORINI AND ISTANBUL

We are going to athens, Santorini and Istanbul on Sept 16th and are staying 3 nights in each city, and are looking for hotels in Plaka, Fira or Ia, and Sultanahmet area for about $75.00-$100.00 in a 3 or a 4 star hotel.Any recomendations will be appreciated.
Also book thru travel agents or internet site
or direct with the hotels. Any bargaining on prices ?.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 05:44 PM
Mimi

In Athens we stayed for $78 a night including taxes and breakfast in the Hotel Plaka. Location right in walking distance of many restaurants, sights, etc. It was clean with air conditioning, some rooms with balcony, good breakfast, elevator, etc. In Istanbul we stayed at a small lodging called the Empress Zoe done in the old style. It was about $68 a night including taxes, breakfast, etc. also in a great location near the Mosque, Palace, etc. There were no TV, elevators, etc. but very clean and owned by an American. We found both of these hotels in guide books though they may be on the internet. These prices were from our trip in 2000.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:47 AM
Monica

Hi, please see my web page on my recent trip to Greece. We enjoyed the hotels we stayed in. Email me if you have any other questions!

http://greece2001mjp.homestead.com/greece2001.html

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 09:10 AM
Lisa

Hi.
for Istanbul, we had reserved the services of an excellent private tour guide or the days we were there at very reasonable prices. He got us accommodation at the Hotel Arcadia, a 4 star hotel in the sultanhament area. Great location. Pleasant hotel with travertine bathrooms. Attractively furnished. All amenities (except a swimming pool) He got us a price much lower than we could have got it. We had a suite sleeping 3 or 4 for $105 including breakfast and taxes. Prices for other rooms were lower, I think about $70.
the guide was also excellent and it made a huge difference as he smoothed the way for everything from arrival to sightseeing to price negotiating.
His name is Mehmet at [email protected]

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 10:26 AM
mim

Thanks a lot for your info. I am going to look into Plaka and Empress zoe

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 10:29 AM
lisa

Thanks for the info. I am going to e-mail Mehmet and see if we can work out any thing.