hotels in France

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hotels in France

Looking for a nice beach from resort in either Nice or Marseilles for honeymoon. Would rather stay out of the cities. Planning on staying in July.
thanks.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would try Juan-les-Pins, a resort town,6 miles out of Cannes that actually has sand beaches, unlike the pebble beaches of the other coastal towns. Many of the hotels are directly on the beach, some are inside or near a huge park. I don't know what your dates are, but the Festival International de Jazz takes place in Juan-les-Pins at the end of July. Juan-les-Pins has lots of clubs, a vibrant nightlife, and excellent water sports available. Also it's easily accessible ( will you have a car?) to other towns on the Riveria by train or bus.

Good luck, and have a great time!

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 03:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree Juan les Pins has a lovely beach. Le Belle Reve is a charming small hotel there. But be warned, it does get very busy in Juan les Pins at night because of all the nightclubs. Antibes and Cap d'antibes also have good beaches and would be a bit quieter. Cap Ferrat is beautiful too.

You might want to look at this website
www.provenceBeyond.com/
Bonne chance!
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 05:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree with the other poster that St.Jean Cap de Ferrat is beautiful, too. It's actually one of my favorite small towns, and it has a tiny sand beach along the main road from Nice. There's not all that much to do in St. Jean,(some interesting galleries, boutiques and seafood restaurants at the harbor, as well as a lovely cliffside walk along the water) so I typically think of it as a daytrip from Nice, but if you stayed there, you could go in and out of Nice, or take the train from the next town over (Beaulieu) to Monaco.
St. Jean can be quite expensive, but there are some more moderately priced hotels: Hotel Brise Marine, an old villa on the hillside, and Hotel St. Clair Logis, which is surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens.

Good luck!
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 05:32 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It has been 33 years, but we stayed at Le Provencal in Juan-les-Pins. Got it from the Fodors 1970 Europe book. I had the best meal I have ever eaten there.