Reload this Page >

Hotels in Florence & Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 06:21 PM
Leslie

We will be in Florence & Rome in Oct. Trying to decide between the Hotel Hermitage & Hotel Tournabuoni Beacci in Florence and Due Torri and Gregoriana in Rome. We really want to be centrally located in a hotel with charm. Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 06:43 PM
Paula

I've only stayed at one of the hotels that you have listed - Hotel Hermitage. I was there last summer. It does have a great location (if a little noisy) and a rooftop garden, however, I enjoyed the Hotel Mario in Florence more than the Hotel Hermitage.

Old Mar 6th, 2000, 07:01 PM
Mark

Paula, I am booked for two nights this coming weekend at the hotel Hermitage. The booking agency wanted 30.00USD to take me from Termini to the hotel . . is <BR>it that far away? Leslie, I'll try to get back with you when I get back from Europe to let you know how the Hermitage is. Thanks <BR>

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 02:36 PM
Walter

Mark: The Hermitage is less than 1 mile (1500M) from the train station. I would take a taxi for ~$5/6US. A map of your hotel's location is at http://venere.topchoice.com/firenze/firenze_Z5.html HTH Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 03:27 PM
Linda

Leslie, If shopping is your thing I would recommend the Tournabuoni. It's right on the main shopping street and its location is great for all other sights too. It was booked when I went last October but I visited the hotel and was impressed by their rooftop garden and the raves from the guests that were staying there. Didn't get to see the rooms but from the brochure they looked great. <BR>For a great hotel, that's not too expensive ($175 top room rate)and also has a great location, I recommend the Porta Rossa. I stayed there and was very happy with my choice. The bathroom was a bit small but it made up for it with its charm.

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 04:01 PM
Linda

I stayed at the Tuornabuoni and loved it. It been 5 years since I stayed there but I still remember how nice the people were and the charm of the place. It's in a great location also. Have a great trip.

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 05:41 PM
Paulo

Regrading the hotels in Rome, I like the location of the Due Torri better (though there's no much wrong with the Gregoriana's either). The Due Torri is close to Piazza Navona and Pantheon, a short stroll to Campo de' Fiori, convenient to the Vatican, Trastevere and most of other sites. The Gregoriana, on tops of the Spanish Steps, is right within Rome's fancy shopping district. I don't know the Due Torri inside. We stayed at the Gregoriana once, and liked it, even though the hotel doesn't look a 3-star at first sight. The reception is very tiny (sitting place for no more than 4 people). The rooms are confortable and have all the ammentities but are numbered in letters (instead of numbers) which are depicted as an Erté print with fancy characters. It's very hard to believe that the building belongs to an order of nuns . It has been a while since we were there last ... if I remember well, breakfast is served in the room (I can't remember a breakfast room!). <BR>Via Gregoriana (quite a few atteliers of Italian haute couture, including Valentino, Capucci, Galitzine and Sarli) is quite noisy ... I recommend you ask for the room in the back of the 2nd floor, with a small terrace overlooking a garden (don't remember its letter designation). <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>