Reload this Page >

Hotels in Edinburgh

Search

Hotels in Edinburgh

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2000, 07:19 PM
Gustavo

Hotels in Edinburgh

Who knows a good and not expensive hotel in Edinburgh?

Old May 4th, 2000, 12:46 AM
Sheila

Budget? Travel Inn is about £40 per person per night.

Old May 4th, 2000, 03:49 AM
Maira

The Coach House across the street from the Waverly Train Station, down the street from a HERTZ Rental car garage/parking. Clean, about $80/double. Not charming, but the staff was helpful, can't beat the location.

Old May 10th, 2000, 08:20 AM
Stacy

Just came back from 3 days in Edinburgh and stayed at Joppa Turrets Guest House (www.joppaturrets.demon.co.uk) and loved it! It is located about 15 miles outside of the city center (on a convenient bus line) and is right on the Firth of Forth, so we had the luxury of listening to waves crashing every nite. There are 5 rooms, some ensuite, and we paid 18 pounds/person/nite for shared facilities. This included a full breakast which was wonderful, a very cozy and lovely room and many walks on the beach. I highly recommend it!

Old May 10th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Sheila

I found another one yesterday. there is a new Premier Lodge in the Grassmarket which is 2 minutes walk from the High Street. Rooms are £46 per night. <BR> <BR>I stayed in the Travel Inn last night. It was fine, but frighteningly warm given that it is only early May. It is £46.95 per room per night. The rroms hava double bed and a bed settee and are en suite

Old May 10th, 2000, 01:20 PM
Tony Hughes

Joppa isn't anything like 15 miles from the city centre, try 5 or 6 (if that's where the hotel is).

Old May 10th, 2000, 01:57 PM
JM

I also stayed at Joppa Turrets and agree - it is a great place - it is only about 5 or 6 miles from Princes St.(about a 15 minute -max) bus ride and buses are very frequent - we never waited longer than 5 minutes. Breakfasts had the best choices of any we encountered in Britain.