I will be visiting Croatia for the first time shortly after Labor Day. I'm going (again) with an adventure company called Backroads.
I arrive in the afternoon on a Saturday and meet the tour group early Sunday morning in front of the Hilton Imperial.
I could just stay there (and may do so) but it seems dumb to pay 480E for a room I'm not even going to lounge and enjoy. Arrive, wander, crash, get up early, leave.
That said, what would be a good area to stay in or nice three-four star hotels to consider?
Backroads suggested as possibilities:
Grand Villa Argentina
Hotel Stari Grad
Valamar Lacroma Resort
Hotel Uvala (this would have been a good choice - booked)
I wouldn't think twice about 250E or so. Double that, ehhhh. It would be nice to have a sea view, but not necessary as I won't be lounging. Ditto balcony, etc.
Thanks for any thoughts. Even a good location to consider would help - unless Dubrovnik is so small it won't matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 2 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Croatia in mid/late October
- 8 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Dubrovnik
- 13 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Norte Dame light show!
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Greece in end October
- 25 Champagne Tours