Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotels in BCN, anyone? Banys, Montecarlo, Constanza, a few more (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotels-in-bcn-anyone-banys-montecarlo-constanza-a-few-more-866043/)

mrsdarwin Nov 9th, 2010 05:04 AM

Hotels in BCN, anyone? Banys, Montecarlo, Constanza, a few more

Ofcourse hotel looking in BCN is overwhelming with it being a large city. Looking for suggestions on
CONSTANZA
ANTIC ESPAI
HOTEL CONDES de BCN
HOTEL BANYS ORIENTAL
MONTECARLO

all of these are in the price range i am looking at. Will be in BCN 14 Jan for 4 nights and than wanting to go on a train to somewhere for 3 nights (San Sebastian, Avignon, or Sevilla).
In Barcelona, Looking for good location, we can walk or take the metro places, am interested in looking at the sites and taking time to sit, drink, and people watch as well.
In one of the side trips, just looking to explore another area.

Thanks!

Kwoo Nov 9th, 2010 05:12 AM

I have an acquaintance who stayed at the Hotel Banys Oriental last summer and they were very happy with the hotel & location. Can't comment on the others.

We were in Barcelona in October & also took a 4 day roadtrip north along the Costa Brava, overnighted in Cadaques & then spent 2 nights in Girona. You can click on my name to read my trip report if you are interested. I give names of restaurants we liked, et.

Dukey1 Nov 9th, 2010 05:39 AM

There are going to be people who will tell you that nothing will ever get them to stay on Las Ramblas because it is noisy, it has bird sellers. it has living ststues, it has shell games...BUT

I can highly recommend the MonteCarlo (after staying many times in a great hotel on the other side of the Placa Catalunya)...why?

Location..basically within a block of a Metro stop; two blocks from the Placa Catalunya; easy walk deeper into the Gothic Quarter.

Service was great, housekeeping was impeccable; front desk very helpful, and the breakfast extensive.

And no, we did not hear any noise from Las Ramblas...the place everyone SAYS they hate but they all end up there anyway and if you don't then IMO you have missed an aspect of Barcelona that should be experienced at least once.

pppeaches Nov 9th, 2010 05:48 AM

Hi, i stayed in a small hotel,the Confortel last september and was content; its in a quiet residential area 10 minutes walk from sagrada familia; the metro, busus, and cafes nearby - paid 116 euros for a single.

julia_t Nov 9th, 2010 06:33 AM

I've stayed just round the corner from the Banys Oreintals, and agree with Kwoo that the location is great.

When I go back to Barcelona in (probably) 2011 I shall definitely be staying in that area again.

CathyM Nov 9th, 2010 10:33 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Banys Orientals in September 2007 and loved it! The location was excellent, room was quite large and I had a balcony overlooking the street. I was traveling solo and never felt unsafe walking around in this area at night. The restaurant is also excellent. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.