Reload this Page >

hotels in Barcelona

Search

hotels in Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:26 AM
phisy

hotels in Barcelona

anyone know where I should stay in Barcelona to be in the middle of everthing? Big order, I know, but I'm confused with all the different regions of barcelona. Is city center a good centralized area to stay in?<BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Marcia

Depends on Budget and time and all that. But do a text search for Barcelona on this site - or leave the text part blank and just do a topic search for Spain. There have been a bunch of recent ones (because I asked questions) and then there are some older ones with good info on the central districts and modest priced hotels. Have fun. Marcia

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:36 AM
phisy

Thanks, Marcia-<BR>I think I've over researched-thats my problem! LOL!<BR>I don't mind spending up to say 180-200 per nite, US Dollars,,, but I don't know where the best part of the city is to stay. I'll be coming from Alicante, and I can stay as few or as many days as I'd like. Can you give me a name of a decent 4 star place?<BR>Many thanks

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Dolby

We stayed in the Eixample area very close to the Plaza Catalunya and Passig de Gracia. We stayed at a 3 stars hotel, Gran Via. Anyway, there are plenty of higher grade hotals around there. I found that location very central and I felt safe wakling around there. La Rambla and the Gothic area are within walking distance. Plaza Catalunya is also one of he stops for their turistic bus if you are interested in taking that and the airport shuttle bus. There is also a big department store call Cortes Igles close by with a huge supermarket downstairs similar to St. Michael's. There are plenty of restaurants and fashion shopping close by. The roads are also wider.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Ryan Candee

Barcelona is too big for any one hotel to be in the middle of everything. We were very happy while staying in the Gothic Quarter.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Ryan Candee

P.S.--we stayed at Gran Hotel Barcino--great 4 star place.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Andrew Charles

In February of this year, I had a delightful stay at the Hotel Balmes in Barcelona. It's centrally located in the relatively safe and classy Eixample District, a couple of blocks from Passeig de Gracia and Anton Gaudi's Casa Mila. I believe that the avenue it's on is "Mallorca." I was able to travel most places by foot from this hotel and its location seemed to be relatively safe when walking at night.<BR>The hotel was clean and the the accommodations were quite comfortable. The service was also very good.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Teresa

If you can afford it stay in the Claris Hotel. You will love it.