hotels in Athens

Mar 27th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

hotels in Athens

I tried booking a room at the KIng George and the Bretagne Hotel for mid-May and the hotels are booked.Please suggest other hotels that are in walking distance to the main sites.
Mar 27th, 2007, 04:56 AM

It's interesting that you say that. Neither of these hotels is within walking distance of any of the sights I'd consider major in Athens: either the Acropolis or the Greek Museum. If you want a hotel within easy reach of the Acropolis, look in the Plaka area, not at Syntagma Square. It seems to me that you are looking for a deluxe hotel; you might be comfortable in the more simple Electra Palace, which is within easy reach of most of the main sights.
Mar 27th, 2007, 08:55 AM

I second the Electra Palace as a very nice, deluxe hotel (double room rates are in the low-to-mid 200s Euro range)

Syntagma Square is a brisk 20 minute walk to the Acropolis main entrance. Or take a few minute Metro subway ride from the underground Syntagma station to Monastiraki and then it's only a 10 minute walk to the Acropolis or ancient Agora.

Similarly , the National Archaelogical museum is only 5-10 minutes by Metro, from either Monastiraki/Syntagma to the Victoria station. Then, another 5-10 minutes on foot to the museum.

However, My friends say I walk fast

Search this Thread