HOTELS IN 7th arr. IN PARIS

Aug 2nd, 1998, 07:05 AM
dan

HOTELS IN 7th arr. IN PARIS

We are going to Paris in early October and are looking to stay in the 7th arr. if you know of any good, safe, and clean hotels here under $85US, please let me know, and if they have a website. Thanks

Aug 2nd, 1998, 04:48 PM
Louis Dameson

Here are some hotel asking 550F or less for a double in the 7th. arr. during 1997.

1. Hotel de Beaune 29 rue de Beaune
2. Hotel du Champs de Mars 7 rue du Champs de Mars
3. Muguet 11 rue Chevert
4. Hotel de Nevers 83 rue de Bac
5. Hotel du Palais Bourbon 49 rue de Bourgongne
6. Hotel Saint-Thomas d┴quin 3 rue Pre aux Clercs
7. Hotel de la Tulipe 33, rue Malar

These are all listed in Fodor's Rivage "Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris". Recommend that you order the 2nd edition from Amazon.com for updated info and prices.

If you bother to search down in this forum you will also find info about hotels in the 7th arr.

Most hotels have web sites which you can find through a web search.

Aug 2nd, 1998, 05:23 PM
joan doyle

Dear Dan: For what it's worth, I have stayed at the Hotel St.Thomas d'Aquin and found it very agreeable. My sister and I had a double room (with twin beds) on about the fourth floor, I think. It was pleasant and quiet--though that may have partly resulted from the fact that there was a transit strike in Paris the week-end we were there. I promptly came down with what Parisians call "la grippe" and spent most of my time in our room (thus making me an expert on the St. Thomas d'Aquin); but we did find plenty of good and reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance and my sister said the transportation (when it ran) was good. Hope you have a good time. Joan

Aug 2nd, 1998, 05:46 PM
Leslie

We stayed at Le Muguet in April and would recommend it highly. The rate was half what we paid recently at another hotel and the room was as nice. There was a neighborhood restaurant, "Bistro 7th", around the corner that was also a very good value.

Aug 5th, 1998, 07:32 PM
Maira

My husband & I stayed at the Hotel Muguet. It is a very quiet street (Rue Chevert) . The location was prime. We walked to the Rodin Museum, the Eiffel Tower, the Musee D'Orsay, Napoleon's Thomb (Le Invalides). There is a parking garage by Les Invalides. There was a post office, great restaurants, convenient laundry facilities, etc..

Aug 5th, 1998, 09:26 PM
Donna

Hotel Muguet is a favorite of Sandra Gustafson (author of Cheap Sleeps in Paris and Cheap Eats in Paris, both of which I highly recommend - her reviews are very comprehensive and accurate). The neighborhood is fabulous. Quintessential Paris. Within walking distance to lots of sights (including the Eiffel Tower and the Seine - awesome for moonlight strolls). Hotel is close to a convenient metro stop (on a line that does not require a lot of transfers for getting all over). This is a safe and quiet neighborhood full of wonderful shops and conveniences and fabulous restaurants in every direction with good food at reasonable prices.

Aug 6th, 1998, 02:36 PM
Christina

For what it's worth, I stayed at the St-Thomas
d'Acquin and did not like it very well. The people
were pleasant and professional and the breakfast
room was nice, but the room was VERY ugly (modern
motel-like furniture) and it had the TV on the wall
like in a hospital, near the ceiling so you couldn't
really watch it well (I've seen this in cheap hotels
in France and it has now become my mark of crummy
French hotels, as the nice ones don't do this). I'm
sure it depends on your room, and that's one problem--in France, the quality of rooms can vary
widely in the same hotel. It was very noisy, also,
(window about 2 feet from neighboring apt windows)
and not that close to a metro stop. The prices are
fishy here, also, because I paid $95 for a SINGLE
and that was 6 years ago. So, either the current
ones quoted are way off, or I really got ripped off
(as I said, my room wasn't that nice, either).