Hotels for family of 4 in the 6 or 14 arr

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a family of four (10 and 12 yr old kids) and would like to stay away from all of the tourist attractions. When I studied in Paris, I stayed in the 14 arrondissement, and was quite pleased with the quietness of the streets. I was also a fan of the 6th arr. as well.

I am hoping to find either an apartment or a hotel for the four of us in these areas. I've seen everything from 100 to 400 euros/night. I don't want the most expensive, but I also don't want something run down or really cramped. We will be staying there for six nights, so we want to be comfortable. I have read many posts already about families traveling in Paris, but I would like to be more specific to these districts.

Also, my 10 and 12 year old (boy and girl) really DO NOT WANT to have to share a bed! So I am hoping for a double bed, and two twins.

Is there anyone out there who has had a great hotel experience in these areas with a family of 4?
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 01:56 AM

In the 6th, have a look at Hotel Left Bank Saint Germain..greatly located, they have Quad room in it is about 250€/night...I also loved the 6th...very animated quarter...not far away from Saint germain des Pres, a lovely are to see..
You can see the hotel on http://www.leftbankstgermain.com

Have a nice trip with your family in Paris!
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 06:13 AM

<b>Hotel Delambre</b> - recently renovated
35 rue Delambre, 75014 Metro: Vavin
http://www.delambre-paris-hotel.com/

&quot;The hotel offers a very comfortable suite for families which can accommodate up to 4 guests with its two separated spacious rooms. The suite is situated on the highest floor of the hotel and allows its guests to enjoy wonderful views of the city and its landmarks. ..&quot; 160&euro;

<b>Hotel Aiglon</b>
232, Boulevard Raspail, 75014 Metro: Raspail
http://www.hotel-paris-aiglon.com/
Suite - quadruple occupancy 220&euro;
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 07:19 AM

Try the Ste-Beuve (lower part of the 6me, adjacent to the 14eme). I'm pretty sure they have suites and/or adjoining rooms. Price should be on the upper end of moderate (200-300 euros/night). Very nice hotel on a quiet street not too far from Luxembourg Gardens.

Old Aug 5th, 2005, 10:46 AM

I've stayed at the Aiglon and it is a nice hotel, but I have not seen their suite to know what it consists of. I think some of their suites (they have a couple, I believe), consist of one large bed and then a couple sofa daybed type things. I also think they may have a suite that is two connecting rooms and that could be what is quoted above. YOu'd have to ask about bedding arrangements, though, but it's a nice hotel in general.

Your timing may be a problem in that some apartments won't rent for less than 7 days, and so 6 days is not optimal to find the best apartment deals. However, there is one apartment in that area that I found when looking and always really liked so here is the link:
http://www.barclayweb.com/DESTINAT/F...PS/vcmontp.htm

It's a two bedroom and has what you want. I almost rented it because I liked it so much (in photos, anyway), but didn't really need that much sapce. It does say they want 7 days+ rentals, though, but you could ask. Barclayweb has it for $300 a night, which is about 250 euro, I think, so in your budget and these other ranges. I have dealt with Barclayweb in preliminaries and found them very helpful and efficient--one nice thing about them is they have both a NY and London office, and I think you can pay by CC.

They do represent some other agents/brokers on their pages, though -- the listings with code number LF ... are really Locaflat apartments and I think the LF price is slightly cheaper. I rented one from Locaflat and noted that; but it wasn't cheaper in any case, so I went to the source. the VF apartments are found on various apt. rental websites and belong to a British agent (www.vacationsalacarte.co.uk) and probably have British owners.

That 2 BR in Montparnasse is one of them (code VC something). However, it appears that vacationsalacarte really doesn't rent directly, so they might not be marked up at all in comparison to what you could find elsewhere. Barclayweb's markup is actually reasonable in comparison to other companies, I expected it to be high. However, I found several examples of the same apt in various places and Barclay's rates were the lowest.
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

I have been able to find some apartments that rent for less than 7 days. In fact, nyhabitat.com has met my needs in every way! Thanks so much for everyone's input. At 1,350e for the week, this two bedroom will be almost cheaper than some of the hotels!
Old Aug 6th, 2005, 06:31 AM

For apartments try beau-paris.com or vrbo.com.
Old Aug 6th, 2005, 12:27 PM

Which one did you select?