Reload this Page >

HOTELS ATHENS..MYKONOS..SANTORINI

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 10:39 AM
STAN

I AM PLANNING MY FIRST TRIP TO GREECE IN SEPTEMBER. HAVE BOOKED THE ESPERIA PALACE IN ATHENS AND WOULD LIKE OPINIONS.<BR>I AM CONSIDERING THE LOUCAS IN SANTORINI IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY AND THE MYKONOS GRAND AT AGIOS YANNIS BEACH..HOW FAR IS THIS ROM TOWN? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECATED..THANKS STAN

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Thyra

Hi Stan, <BR>We stayed at the Loucas on Santorini last October and I can highly recommend it. For around $70.00 per night, we got a transfer to and from the airport and b-fest. They also did our laundry for a nomial fee and we found the staff to be top notch. The views off our balcony were beyond stunning. The pool was very pretty with mozaic tiles at the bottom and a spa. I woud gladly recommend them. <BR>We didn't stay at either of your other hotels, but just a cautionary note, in message board correspondence, writing in ALL CAPS is taken to mean shouting and is considered by some to be rude. You may get a comment or two on it.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Bill

Agio Yannis is about 10 minutes by the bus, real close to town. there are also some shops and restaurants in Agio Yannis if you do not want to go into the town each night. <BR>From AY you can jump on a little boat for the ride to Paradise and Super Paradise beach, or stay right there at Ornos Beach.<BR>Have not been to the hotel though.<BR>Bill

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Carrie

Hi,<BR><BR>I haven't heard of the hotel you mentioned in Athens, but when we were there, we stayed at the Marriott Ledra hotel. <BR><BR>The hotel was nice; good breakfast buffet, a nice pool, and we had a balcony room that overlooked the Acropolis. It's not within walking distance to the major shopping areas, but it's only about a 7 minute cab ride or so to town.<BR><BR>The hotel was pretty helpful in getting us a cab whenever we needed one, and advising us as to what the return fare would be to the hotel, since apparantly, some of the cab drivers in Athens try to over-charge.<BR><BR>By the way, there is a wonderful restaurant in Athens called Dionyses(sp?) It's one of their better ones, with spectacular views of Athens. You have to take something like a cable car to get up to it. We liked it so much, that we went there twice. The locals will tell you it's expensive, but with the $ being pretty strong there, we didn't find it expensive at all.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Tammy

If you stay at the Loucas hotel or not, make sure you eat at Aris restaurant. It's right next to the Loucas. I had the best Greek food on my whole trip to the islands. Their moussaka and view are to die for!

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Thyra

Aris restaurant is actually part of the Loucas... also a terrific Italian restaurant in Fira was Archepelego... just to die for Italian food... (if you get burned out on the Greek).