Reload this Page >

Hotels and Restaurants in Amsterdam and Bruge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Cal F

We are going to Amsterdam and Bruge, Mar.27.<BR>Any good ideas about inexpensive to moderate Hotels and Restaurants? Two adults and one 9 year old boy. Also any great things to do there?

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 07:39 AM
dutch

top for help please

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 10:30 AM
xxx

In case you are wondering why you aren't getting any responses, it's because you have shown no interest yourself in your subject. Why would you go to Amsterdam or Brugge if you don't even know if there is anything to do there. You need to bring us some specifics and let us comment. Tell us about something you've read or heard about and ask if it is worth it. Why would we rave for pages about museums to have you say you don't care about museums, for example. There are hundreds of inexpensive to moderate hotels. Study a little first. Where do you want to stay, how much do you want to spend. Do you want to me near museums or the train station? Once you've found a few that sound interesting, ask here about them.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Elaineb

May I ask what emergency came up that you need to go to Amsterdam and Brugge on such short notice? Certainly you didn't just decide to do it and start planning now? Amsterdam and Brugge hotels are likely to be pretty much filled up at such short notice.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 03:22 PM
patg

It's probably too cold for most outdoor activities, but a 9 year old boy might like:<BR>Tropenmuseum<BR>Scheepvart (shipping) Museum<BR>Anne Frank House (only if he will read some of her book first)<BR>Bike through tulip fields if weather is good<BR>Artis Zoo (also aquarium, planetarium)<BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:39 AM
lisa

I really liked Hotel Cordoeanier in Bruges. My single was around $50 or so U.S., including breakfast. Great location, clean rooms, plainly decorated, good bathroom, helpful staff, delicious breakfast. Take a canal boat tour, eat lots of chocolate, walk to the outskirts of town and see the windmills. More details, including info on restaurants, are in my trip report that I posted last June on Paris & Bruges if you do a search.<BR><BR>In Amsterdam, I recommend the Anne Frank House and the Van Gogh museum (yes, even for a 9-year-old). Take a tour of the city by boat.<BR><BR>