hotels and booking sites.for st, petersburg, bud, prague, vienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are looking for hotels in Prague, Vienna, Budapest, and St,.Petersburg beginning Sept. 8th....ending in St. Peters. Sept 22-27th, Need suggestions for favorite hotels and FAVORITE BOOKING SITES to use for best prices/options etc. I am pretty familiar with them all so like to know who has used which most recently with favorable results! We are an active couple in our early 60's and prefer locations ideal to major sites and transp..... modern space...clean...bar...the usual amenities. Tend to like small boutique types but location and safety are paramount. Where should I start?
Always,
Gerri from upstate NY
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 09:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You should start with telling us your budget.
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 09:30 AM

Not knowing your budget, we stayed at the Hotel Admiral in Vienna a couple of years ago and found it to be clean, reasonably priced and well located to the Museum Quarter and transporation as well as just a short walk across the Ringstrasse to Stephensdom and the pedestrian shopping area.

http://www.hotel-admiral-wien.at/Com...nter-of-Vienna
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 09:59 AM

I always deal with the hotel direct - make my reservations via email.

We have stayed at Hotel Pest in Budapest and liked the location and the hotel. It is in the first block off Andrassay Ave - about one block from the opera house, the metro and buslines. http://www.hotelpest.hu/Keret_Eng.html

In Vienna we stayed at Pension Suzanne. This is 1/2 block from the opera house. http://www.pension-suzanne.at/english/index_2.htm

We stayed at a b&b in Prague but it was not in a convenient locaton - we liked it very much but sure most would not want to be out of the central area.

St Petersburg - no recommendation. We did not like the hotel we stayed at.
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi; You can use www.tripadvisor.com www.booking.com www.hotels.com With the booking company, usually you don't have to pay up fromt. Plus, you will find many reviews on these sites. As suggested, if you find a hotel you like, it's always advisable to then deal directly with the hotel to see if they will match a price. In Prague we stay at the www.hotel-pariz.cz Very good location. In Vienna we stay at www.kvu.at Great location. Richard