Hotel Tourville

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Jan Powell

Hotel Tourville

We will be staying at the Hotel
Tourville just for a few days this weekend--any suggestions for good neighborhood restaurants?
Thanks

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 07:19 PM
StCirq

Le Florimond, Le Bistrot de Bretheuil (I didn't have a great meal there, but it gets lots of good reviews here), Thoumieux, La Fontaine de Mars, Le Croque au Sel, l'Auberge Bressane, Le Café du Marché - there are so many in such a small area. Also, please report back on your experience with the Tourville. I used to stay there fairly often, but it got a couple of bad reviews here in the past couple of years (leaking pipes and noisy rooms)and I have gone elsewhere because of that.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Jim P

About a block away is D'Chez Eux, 2 ave Lowendal, famous for it's duck dishes. Prix-fixe menu, lunch only I believe, at 34e is a good deal. Michelin rates it higher than the other mentioned spots.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Jim P

Oops, forgot about Maupertu, 94 bd La Tour Maubourg, a short walk away. Maupertu recently recieved the Michelin "Bib Gourmand" rating. Basically this means "great food, cheap"! This a charming, tiny place with french lace on the windows; owned by Sophie Canton.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 10:21 AM
paul

weekends are tough because most of the above are closed on Sunday. the michelin guide rouge is your best guide. Florimond is doubly busy because the Champ de Mars two doors down is closed for renovation. A good restaurant open Sunday and recommended by Michelin is Reminet near Notre Dame-easy to get to from the Ecole Militaire metro stop--see my posting on Notre Dame.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 02:27 PM
XXX

I stayed at the Le Tourville for a week last March. Our experience was quite good. Decent size room, nicely furnished. Bathroom was fine except for the 1/2 glass partition on the bath/shower--but I have run into that before. (Don't get the rationale for that--water gets everywhere.) Staff very nice and helpful. Convenient location. Nice lobby to sit and have a glass of wine.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 04:03 PM
jan

Thanks for your help--we're leaving Friday--so appreciate your advice on Sunday jan