Reload this Page >

Hotel Tourenne Paris

Search

Hotel Tourenne Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:04 PM
jack

Hotel Tourenne Paris

Has anyone been to the Hotel Tourenne? Is it a good value?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:54 PM
Alice

Jack, do you mean to say Hotel de Turenne? and do you mean the one in the 7th on avenue de Tourville? (there's a Grand Turenne on the right bank, too).<BR>We stayed at the Turenne in the 7th April 2001, and thought it was a good value for the price (twin w/ bath, $85). Convenient to Metro, caf&eacute;s, rue Cler, fairly quiet at night, next to laundromat and ATM. Our room was clean and everything worked; it was not fancy, maybe a worn spot here &amp; there, but fine for the price and location.<BR>There are quite a few postings regarding Hotel de Turenne, if you do a search.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:56 PM
StCirq

I think you're probably referring to the H&ocirc;tel Turenne in the 7me. If that's the case, the H&ocirc;tel de France, a couple of blocks away, is a better deal for the same price. The Turenne is looking a bit frayed these days, and though it has a charming courtyard, isn't as much of a bargain as the H&ocirc;tel de France, which has just totally remodeled and NOT raised its prices.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 05:27 AM
Alice

Hi, StCirq - is the Hotel de France listed with any photos anywhere? Having trouble finding anything online, due to the rather ambiguous name...thanks.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 05:44 AM
Sara

Alice, last week when I was trying to decide between the Turenne and Hotel de France, I saw it listed at www.parishotels.com. With the help of you and St Cirq, I booked a double with view on Invalides at Hotel de France for 85 a night.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 05:49 AM
StCirq

Alice: This is the only website I've been able to come up with for the H&ocirc;tel de France: http://www.parishotelsfrance.com/paris/07/france.html

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 05:58 AM
Alice

Cool! thanks to both...