Hotel Suggestions - Paris Le Marias Area

May 19th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Robbie

Hotel Suggestions - Paris Le Marias Area

I am planning my first trip to Paris in early October and would like to stay in the Le Marias area. I am looking for hotel recommendations in this area. Thanks.

May 19th, 2002, 11:27 AM
x

Marais, perhaps? Try Caron de Beaumarchais, 12 rue Vieille-du-Temple, 01-42-72-34-63. Intimate, well regarded, near everything.

May 19th, 2002, 02:39 PM
belle

second heartily the Caron de Beaumarchais recommendation. We stayed there a year ago; asked for and had a quiet room on an interior lightwell; though small(Most lesser Paris hotels rooms are) it was charmingly decorated and had a great bathroom;. Good ample cont. breakast each morning included along w/ VAT I think. Have a great time.

May 19th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Kay

Robbie,
we stayed in the Marais area about 5 years ago at the Hotel de Nice. It had lots of character and a nice view from the balcony. It was written up about a year ago in National Geographic Traveller magazine. One suggestion - don't bother with the breakfast, it's nicer and cheaper if you go down the road to the nearest cafe.
Kay

May 19th, 2002, 05:13 PM
ben

We stayed at the Hotel Bastille Speria a few years ago. It is a 3 star hotel & was perfect for us. It was quiet & very central. There were restaurants nearby & also a great wine shop.We felt very safe & would stay there again.
Hotel Bastille Speria is next to the Place de la Bastille, between the Boulevard Beaumarchais and the Rue Saint Antoine. It is close to the Bastille and its Opera, just a few minutes walk from the Marais & a very short distance from the Louvre and the Pompidou Centre.