Reload this Page >

Hotel Suez and Blvd St. Michel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Peter

Can anyone tell me how noisy is the Boulevard St. Michel at night? We're thinking of staying at the Hotel de Suez in Paris, this June. Also wondering if we need AC.

Old May 9th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Janice

Pretty noisy - but if you're really from New York City you won't notice a difference. It's very similar to the noise level at, say, 23rd and 8th in Chelsea. And AC would be a good idea for a couple of reasons - cooler, and it drowns out some of the noise. Depends on how tough you want to be, though. I've gone with and without, and while I prefer having AC, if I'm really economizing, doing without is not completely terrible. The weather is variable, so you could get lucky and have lovely cool evenings, or it could stay hot as hades all night long. (do I equivocate enough?) Bottom line - I'd look for a hotel away from St. Michel, and I'd get AC if cost was not a consideration.

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Louis

No question about it, Boul Mich is a very noisy street day & night. One of the major thoroughfares of Paris. I would not stay there without A/C specialy that they are many, many other similar quality hotels on the side streets in this area.

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Peter

Thanks for the advice. Although we are from NYC, severe Chelsea noise is something we could do without. Do you have any suggestions; with or without AC, under $100, etc.

Old May 12th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Sandy

Dear Peter<BR><BR>I hv stayed in the Hotel Suez in BoulMichel, I do not think it is noisy at all although the hotel is by the main street. Ask for the Attic room it is nice & quiet but the towels are not too good to be used (better to bring your own) great place to stay especially it is just a 5min walk to the tube.