Hotel Sevigne in Marais

Search

Hotel Sevigne in Marais

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Sevigne in Marais

Any info on either this hotel or the location? I did the search and info is several years old.

I would like to try the Marais this trip -- On my two previous trips, I stayed once in Latin Quarter (near St Michel) and once near the Louvre. Nothing wrong with either of the locations I previously stayed in but not particularly attached to either one.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Maira

Strongly recommend you try to get the August 2003 edition of National Geographics Magazine-- very interesting article on the Marais neighborhood.

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Now I'm curious. Will try to look for National Geographic but will probably be this weekend before I get a chance to get to the bookstore.

By interesting, is it good? bad? just different?
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Maira

It is a very good article that conveys a local flavor to a touristed destination by describing some local characters. The demographics of the Marais is also explored and related to past historical events, including some interesting tidbits on the origins of some of the street's names. Highly recommend it, I'll bet your local library already got their issue.

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:59 PM

Hi, I lived for a year in Le Marais and the most beautiful neighbourhood in Paris. It's actually the old, old Paris. La place des Voges was the place where all the kings and queens had celebrations.

You'll love it!
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 03:57 PM

I just returned from a trip where we stayed in a rented apartment in the Marais and loved it. It's a real neighborhood -- not just there for the tourists. Walking distance to lots of sights, safe, friendly. I highly recommend staying there. Please post some info on the hotel, if you end up going.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 04:26 PM

Stayed at the Hotel de la Bretonnerie. It was all that we wanted in a small hotel- charming, hospitable.
Check out this link- http://www.travelintelligence.net/ws.../art_2299.html

Prices have gone up with the euro.
Eat at Benoit's in the area. It is divine!!!!
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

I definitely have to look for the article this weekend. Although I reserved a hotel today (Hotel Muguet near Rue Cler), I could change it. The Marais sounds great.

Would still like to hear any feedback on the Sevigne.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 06:20 PM

Hi laurelt:
We are going to Paris in October, and we are undecided between an apartment in the Marais, one in the 7th, and one in the Rue de Sevres.
Since you liked the one in the Marais, can you tell us more about how you got it?; and if you do not mind ,which apartment? There are so many rental agencies, and so many places, that it is difficult to make a decision.
Thanks,
JL
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 06:29 PM

I rented my apartment thru rentparis.com -- not a very original name but a great apartment. We had #19 on Rue Pecquey which is a small street in the Marais about 1 1/2 blocks from the Pompidou Center. It was $169 and slept my family of 4. Nothing fancy (no elevator or A/C) but we lucked out and it wasn't very hot the week we were there. I would stay there again.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:57 PM

my last stay in paris was at the hotel du turenne, a libertel hotel...check out their web-site....you will love this area...we only left once or twice on that trip....