COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Hotel Semeli on Mykonos

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 12:10 PM
renee

Hotel Semeli on Mykonos

We'll be staying at the Hotel Semeli in April for 3 nights...I heard it's a nice hotel but am concerned it's too far from any beach. Has anyone stayed there?...would appreciate any info on accomodations and location.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Bill

I think the Semeli is right in town. The beaches are a bus/motor scooter ride away. look at the greektravel.com site to see if it is mentioned there. Hope this helps. If you can't get to the greek travel web site, e-mail me and I'll look for a site with the Semeli on it.
Bill

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Bill Barr

renee

The Semeli has a good reputation but as Bill says its located in Mykonos town and not close to the fantastic beaches the island is famous for. The bus station though is only around 300 yards away from the hotel and the short trips from there to the beaches are frequent.

The Semeli is situated in the Rochari district of Mykonos, about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the harbour area. Rochari is my favourite district although it's best to note that many of the hotels there are on a hillside above the town and may not be good for anyone who has some mobility problems.

Check the hotel out on:

http://mykonos-accommodation.com/

Bill

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 08:49 AM
Renee

Thanks Bill (both of you)...I've checked out the Semeli website...it looks very nice... I have also found out that many hotels on the beach are still closed when I'll be on mykonos ( third week of April)..what's the weather like around that time? too cool ? Also, do you think there's a view of the water from the Semili?
Renee

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 02:59 PM
tom

Renee,

We lived in Europe for 3.5 years (Austria) and travelled to Greece 5 times during that time. One of those times was for one week on the island of Myconos. We stayed at the Rocari Hotel which I believe is located close to the Semeli that you will be at. It was nice and included its on pool. I wouldn't give too much consideration to the closeness of the beaches because in April the weather (cooler) will limit what you will be able to do there. The town of Myconos offers much night life and shopping which you may find yourself doing for a majority of the time. For those trips to the beach the bus station is within walking distance from the hotel and the ride is not that long. Have fun!!

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 03:05 PM
WLY

As an update, I looked at my notes and I walked through the Semeli last August.
This is a top notch hotel, probably the best in town and one of the best on the island. It would be an ideal place to stay.