Hotel search in Istanbul

Search

Hotel search in Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel search in Istanbul

I posted this earlier but forgot to click on the correct topic. Maybe I'll get some results.

Author: mercy
Date: 04/03/2008, 01:09 am
I have posted a similar question earlier this year, but did not get enough information, so I am trying again.

We are meeting a tour at the Grand Surmeli Hotel (in September) which, I was told by someone on this Forum ia in the Gayrettepe area of Istanbul. This helped me to localize my search for a small, clean hotel in the general vicinity which we would like to book for one night prior to joining the tour, as we are flying in a day early.

I have checked a variety of sources and have not found a place that seems to be in the general vicinity. Would a hotel in Taksim be appropriate? I would appreciate any suggestions, for a mid-price choice. Thanks much. Ciao!! mhm

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:34 AM

I just returned from Turkey last week from a 13 day visit. We stayed in Istanbul 3 nights at the Mosaic Hotel. The hotel is new and going through a few growing pains, but the food was good, rooms clean, staff helpful, and best it is very near (3-4 blocks) from the tram and within easy walking distance to the Grand Baazar. Mosaic-Hotel.com
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Hi Mercy,
You could be at Taxim or if you have time a day earlier Sultanahmet would not make much difference. With a tran and finucular taxim and Sultanahmet are very easy to connect.

Býth areas have moderate priced hotel ofcourse depending on the time of year but not while Formula 1.
Happy travelling,

Murat
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Appreciate the replies.

MelanieTravel: Tried the link to Mosaic but was not sure that it was what I wanted. We (I) am looking for an older remodeled hotel--just for the historical aspect. But if nothing pans out, will go back to your suggestion. Do you have any great dining suggestions?

Murat: I notice your posts quite frequently. We have just about decided to focus on Sultanamet area for the one night's lodging. Several possibilities offered transfers @ a reasonable price and the location would be great for doing some "on our own" sightseeing. We have been in the area before, as part of a cruise tour, but look forward to having a bit more time--just to wander a bit. I'm assuming a taxi is the best way to get to our tour hotel--Grand Surmeli.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer. Ciao! mhm
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM

If you are looking for an older hotel with some historical feel - you can't go wrong with Empress Zoe
http://www.emzoe.com/htm/124/ent.php

If you like what you see on the web site - you'll like the hotel. Stayed there for a week in Oct 2001 loved the place.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Stayed at Hotel Apricot in Sultanamet last year.A B&B, small, very friendly,central, affordable.Has website, Hotelapricot.com I believe.