Reload this Page >

Hotel San Carlo in Rome--Room 79

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Jackie

My husband and I used this site to get a wonderful recommendation for Hotel San Carlo in Rome. We have been confirmed for 5 days in May 2003. I do know that the highly recommended Room 59 was booked for our requested dates.<BR><BR>The hotel allows us to request our room number, if we'd like to change what they've given us. They've assigned us #79 in the newly renovated Annex. Does anyone know anything about this particular room? Should we request another one? We are starting out our Honeymoon here and would like to room to be a special one.<BR><BR>Any advice or thoughts would be great!<BR><BR>Jackie

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Thomas

No, Jackie, not Room 79! It adjoins the public bathrooms, and the walls are paper thin. The sounds, and aroma, are disgusting!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Jackie

Oh, my! Thanks for the info, Thomas. Do you have any recommended room numbers in the Annex?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Jackie

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Thomas

Take it easy, I was just kidding. I was never there, just having fun...sorry.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Jackie

I was thinking you were joshin'...<BR><BR>Funny, funny man<BR><BR>Anyone else care to comment--although I appreciate a good sense of humor. a comment of the serious kind is preferred.<BR><BR>Jackie

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:28 AM
xxx

Jackie, if you explain to someone at the hotel that you are on your honeymoon (what is the Italian word for this?) maybe they would be kind enough to help you select a lovely room located exactly where you want it to be in the hotel. <BR>Best wishes to you!

Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, We will be at the Hotel Umbra May 19-20..This is our first trip to italy and we are very excited..
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 04:22 PM
lafrancaise

Honeymoon in Italian is &quot;miele di luna&quot; (literally &quot;honeymoon&quot. I would call and tell them that and being the special occasion that it is, you and your husband would like one of their best rooms, per favore. I would ask for a room in the original hotel, not the annex if I were you. If they have a website, check to see the hotel's layout so you can have a better idea of room placement. Buon viaggio!

Old Feb 18th, 2003, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If ever luna di miele...