Hotel reviews Italy

Search

Hotel reviews Italy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2021, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel reviews Italy

Here is the quick summary of the hotels we stayed at. Truth in sharing - as we have some health challenges and don't know how often we will be able to travel in the future we went all out this time so these were all pretty pricey (5*)
Bellagio - Hotel Belvedere - lovely room, bed a bit hard for my taste, great view of lake, staff incredibly nice, restaurant great but breakfast a bit lacking due to covid restrictions
Venice - Hotel Metropole - staff nice but more perfunctory, room beautifully decorated and comfy, a lot of street noise (I wish I had asked for room on upper floor), centrally located but that meant a lot of crowds, food disappointing as was breakfast, good spa
Castel Monastero in Tuscany - loved it, great room, beautiful view, comfy, staff incredibly nice and helpful, restaurant (where we ate every night not having a car, wonderful food, good breakfast if a bit limited due to covid,, fantastic spa
Hotel Cavalieri Roma Hilton - wonderful luxury hotel (5* at 4* price) comfy large room, liked the bed, incredibly view, really helpful friendly staff, fantastic breakfast, restaurant ok (La Pergola amazing though) spa not so good.

there you have it - hapy travels

view from window Castel Monastero

Hotel Metropole

Castel Monastero

view from our room at the Cavalieri Hilton
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 09:32 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Beautiful photos! I seriously considered the Hilton in Rome and had a balcony room reserved. My travel friend (Fodorite) was concerned about the location. Did you use their shuttle van to go down to the city?
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 01:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with the concerns about the Rome Hilton location. I also wonder if the OP felt the Belvedere's location above Bellagio was in any way off-putting and exactly what the breakfast "Covid restrictions" consisted of. Thanks.

Last edited by Dukey1; Oct 22nd, 2021 at 01:09 AM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 03:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dukey - we loved the Rome Hilton - we did rely on taxis to get around which worked fine, but if you want to take mass transit it probably is not a great site. We didn't use the shuttle but I'm sure it would have been reliable. Re the Belvedere - it wasn't that far out of town - we walked everywheree