Hotel Review: Hotel Polonia, Warsaw

Aug 7th, 2005, 12:08 AM
dmw
Original Poster

Hotel Review: Hotel Polonia, Warsaw

City: Warsaw
Hotel: Hotel Polonia
Date stayed: July 13 & 14, 2005 (2 nights)
Price Paid: USD$81 per night (inc breakfast)
Booked via: HotelsPoland.com

Excellent. A few hundred metres from Central train station. Numerous trams pass the front door. There is also a metro station at the front door. Opposite (and with a good view of) the palace of culture. Only short walk to one of the main shopping areas.

Hotel Facilities:
Apparently this is the only surviving and still operating hotel from before WW2. The hotel was recently totally, beautifully and sumptuously restored. (Note, there are still some reviews floating around the web which are from before the restoration - ignore these as they are effectively rating a different hotel). Apart from breakfast I did not have a chance to use any of the facilities, except to say that the lifts were fast and efficient.

Hotel Rooms:
Excellent. Brand new. Very comfortable. Attractive contemporary colour scheme with modern finishes. Large bed with nice linen and cool lighting. Large marble bathroom with big shower. Usual business mod-cons: desk, broadband, electronic safe, etc.

Breakfast:
Excellent. Genuine American breakfast served in magnificently restored Louis XVI dining room. Great range of hot food, fruit, cheeses, meats, cereal, pastries, juices, etc. Good coffee served to your table. Omelette man was quick and made tasty omelettes just the way I instructed. Did I mention that the dining room was magnificent?

Service:
Excellent. Quick check in. Swipe cards for rooms. Well spoken English. Excellent tourist advice from both reception and concierge. Housekeeping was thorough and unnoticed. Quick check out.

Would I stay again?
Definitely. Very hard to fault. For this price I rate this hotel 9 out of 10.

Search this Thread