Hotel Regina or d'Aubusson in Paris

Jun 20th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Regina or d'Aubusson in Paris

I am making final decisions about where to stay in Paris. We are questing for Parisian charm and character for our family and a first time trip to Paris for our teenage daughters. Can anyone give me their opinion/pros and cons for an awesome place to stay? I've seen good reviews about d'aubusson and Regina and am open for other recommendations. Thanks for your help!
Jun 20th, 2004, 08:56 AM

Don't know anything about Hotel Regina, but d'Aubusson is wonderful. We stayed there for 8 nights and loved it.
Jun 20th, 2004, 09:15 AM

Have you had a look at Residence des Arts. It's apt style rooms that might provide more space. Here's a tripadvisor review

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...de_France.html

I've been taken by the location and description of Hotel de Notre Dame on Rue Maitre Albert. If you're willing to have 2 rooms this might be an option. Have a look at reviews here
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...de_France.html
Jun 20th, 2004, 09:17 AM

At the Regina much depends on the room you get (and pay for!). Ours was a corporate-rate double on the mezzanine floor: small, battered wood, and decidedly frumpy in decor. The bathroom was quite small for a 4* hotel, and except for the room maid the service was decidedly unfriendly. We wouldn't return.
Jun 20th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the info. We are booked at d'aubusson in a room that we were told
would easily accomodate all 4 of us, but
it only has one bathroom. My husband is
definately getting a little concerned since he is outnumbered by 3! Therefore, I'm looking into 2 rooms.
Carmen, what did you like most about d'aubusson, and did you feel it was just as convenient as being the the Lourve area?
Jun 20th, 2004, 10:45 AM

The location is PERFECT! It's really quite an easy walk to almost all the central sites, including Notre Dame, Louvre, St. (Ste.?) Germain, shopping district, etc... And there are two metro stops within an easy walk.

We had two connecting rooms, which was perfect for us and two kids -- room to relax at the end of a hot day of sightseeing. The service was superb. The kids were able to get a simple room service dinner while we went out for an adult dinner on our own. We loved sitting in Cafe Laurent, where we had olives and martinis most days. The bartender was fabulous. We'd definitely stay there again. Although I do believe the rates are higher now than when we were there in July 2001, compounded by weakness of dollar against euro.
Jun 20th, 2004, 03:26 PM

d'Aubusson most definitely!!
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Sorry for the delay in responding! Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. Have decided to stay with dAubusson, and hope for the 2 bathroom apartment to open up! Your comments have helped a lot!
Jul 3rd, 2004, 12:55 PM

Good choice! The Regina is strong on location but short on character and charm, of which the d'Aubusson has quite a lot.
Jul 4th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Original Poster

Underhill, thanks so much for reconfirming my choice! Can't wait
to check it out!
Jul 4th, 2004, 03:54 AM

You made a wise choice..a great location and a very lovely spot.