Reload this Page >

Hotel recommendations for Cordoba & Sevilla

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 11:09 AM
Pat

Whoops! Somehow my original query didn't post. Here it is: <BR> <BR>I'm helping an older couple with their first time visit to Spain. They are seeking suggestions on comfortable, modestly-priced, well-located hotels for a one night stay in both Sevilla and Cordova. They'll being staying at the Mora in Madrid, so they are looking for similar hotels. Also, they are fluent Spanish speakers. I'd appreciate any help with this. <BR> <BR>Thanks, Pat <BR>

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 03:57 PM
michele

Pat, <BR>There's a lot of suggestions on the forum on this topic. I'd try a search,also. <BR> <BR>In Seville, Las Casas de la Juderia and Las Casas de los Mercarderes are both in historic buildings and have excellent locations. Rooms are about $100 plus depending on the season. The Taberna del Albbardero is also lovely and is about $100 , more or less. (How much is the Mora?) <BR> <BR>In Cordoba the Albucasis is a great little spot tucked away in the old section. It's very popular. Rooms are about $75. <BR> <BR>Hope that helps.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 06:32 AM
ann

We were very happy with the Hotel Becquer on Reyes Catolicos, just a few blocks from the river. It's not in an historic building (I think it was built in the 1960's), so it doesn't have much atmosphere, but our room was very large and comfortable, and the buffet breakfast was one of the best we've had. The location is unbeatable. You can check it out on Best Western's web site, www.bestwestern.com.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 06:41 AM
ann

Sorry, I should have clarified that the Hotel Becquer is in Seville! We just took a day trip to Cordoba by train, which your friends might want to consider to cut down on the hassle of checking in and out of hotels - it's a very short trip.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 06:48 AM
Preston

<BR>My son and I visited Spain last October. In Sevilla we stayed at Las Casas de la Juderia and found it delightful. In Cordoba we stayed at El Conquistador. It is right across the street from the Mezquita (sp?) or Mosque/Cathedral, so it is very close to all the historic sites. <BR> <BR>Enjoy! <BR>