Hotel recommendation in Paris's 6th

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Morgy

Hotel recommendation in Paris's 6th

Can someone recommend an upscale 3 star hotel with Parisian charm hopefully with a balcony. For location, I'm looking for something on or close to Blvd. St. Germain.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Ruth

The d'Aubusson is either 3 or 4 stars and is wonderful. No balconies that I'm aware of, however.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 09:02 AM
s.fowler

Just barely in the 7eme, but very near St. Germain is Hotel Verneuil. Small rooms, but very elegant and well located. No balconies -- an upscale 3 star.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 11:39 AM
Christina

Someone else just asked a question about romantic hotels with balconies (mainly in Latin Qtr, I think), and I gave a few suggestions in there, as did others, so you should search for that post, just try search on word balcony maybe. It wasn't long ago. I can't think of a lot of hotels with balconies right near that Blvd -- but, I've known several people who stayed at the Madison hotel which is a primo location right on the blvd near St Germain church. It's a relatively nice 3-star hotel and has some charm, I guess, it's not modern style from what I've heard. I have always kind of wanted to stay there as I read that Camus stayed there a while and he is one of my favorite authors. It does have some rooms with balconies, also, I am pretty sure, I think it's perfect for you. You can view it on www.hotel-madison.com or in www.france-hotel-guide.com (better view of outside facade with balconies). It's quite reasonable, also.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 12:11 PM
scurry

We liked the Hotel L'Universite. Great location between Blvd. St. Germain, Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre.

Don't think I'd call it upscale necessarily, but it had nice, spacious rooms & friendly staff. We didn't have a balcony but some rooms might. They might have suites for the luxury-minded.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 01:34 PM
James

Planning a trip to Paris in October and I have found a vast difference in prices in three star hotels. For instance, the Madison and Fleurie - I found were in the top of the price range for 3 stars and as expensive as many 4 star hotels. I know how the French rate these hotels - elevator, baths, a/c, etc. but some of the three stars are in the four star price range. I'm assuming they must be beautifully decorated to command those prices. Be aware that if you want a balcony, you will be paying top dollar in any hotel you choose. That said, try Le Regent on rue Dauphine - a front room only - large and overlooking the street. I believe they have small balconies - 1150 FF per night. A front room only. Good luck!

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Val

We loved the Academie hotel. Very Parisian and reasonably priced, 3 stars. I don't think they have balconies, but you can check out pictures on the web.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 09:36 PM
Taylor

We recently stayed at the Hotel de Fleurie steps off St. Germain on Gregoire de Tours in the 6th. We loved it! Our streetside room did not have a balcony but maybe some other rooms do. The hotel has A FANTASTIC location halfway bet. metros Odeon and Mabillon; a couple of blocks from Place St. Michel to the right and Place St. Germain to the left. Our regular double room was an adeqaute size with modern bath, hair dryer, comfy bed, AC, sat. TV, nice artwork and the softest towels. The staff was friendly and helpful. There were many nice touches around, like full-sized umbrellas at the door. We enjoyed the cold buffet buffet (room served breakfast also available) for 50f complete with a bread basket, jams, cereals, cheese, ham, yogurt, fresh squeezed ornage juice, hot beverage, fresh fruit salad, and whole fruits. Deluxe rooms are available. I highly recommend this hotel. I was seeking a romantic, charming, well-maintained, small and well-located hotel - the Fleurie more than met my expectations.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 02:52 PM
david

always stay st duex continents rue jacobs right behind the church. going back again. clean/ac and about 700ff

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 03:47 PM
Cathy

We just came back yesterday & stayed at the Hotel Duquesne in the 7th. It was wonderful! The room we had had an absolutely awesome view of the Eiffel Tower...we were able to sit outside but there were no chairs on the balcony(we used the chairs from the room) Note that you can only get the balcony if you get a top floor room. The room we first got was a kind of small so we complained & get this room which was a corner room with much more space. The staff was very friendly & the location great. If you need any more info please feel free to e-mail me.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 06:01 PM
sandra

I would recommend the Hotel Du Danube on rue jacob about a 5 minute walk to blvd st germain, buci and the like. The hotel is beautiful, spacious rooms, ask for a street side room they are huge. It gives you the convience of blvd st germain and none of the noise. The rates are reasonable and teh staff is very nice. We lived in this hotel for 17 days in April and We loved it.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:25 PM
Barry

Sandra, was it noisy at all facing the street at the Danube?

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 07:39 PM
Bennett Schneir

Although I believe it is a 4 star, the Hotel de Buci on the rue de Buci is small,k elegant, loaded with charm and, if you're into food, situated right on the rue de Buci open air market (the street also has a great patisserie and charcuterie) -- loads of Parisian ambience. Highly recommended!

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 08:11 PM
Bill

I agree with Ruth above- we really enjoyed the d'Aubusson on rue Dauphine, but also don't remember balconies.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 12:59 AM
Ursula

Morgy hello!
Another upscale 3-star with terraces! would be the Parc Saint-Sévérin, 22, Rue de la Parcheminerie, Paris 5th, opposite Church Saint-Séverin (close to Blvd. Saint-Germain, but in the 5th).
Some rooms with a view to Notre-Dame.
Very quiet and nicely renovated place.
You can find details at:
www.esprit-de-france.com