Hotel recommendation in London

Oct 31st, 1997, 10:03 PM
Amol

Hotel recommendation in London

We are planning to visit London from
November 28 through December 2. Our budget is 100-
150$ per night. Any recommendations in the Knightsbridge,Kensington, Hyde park areas. We have a 18 month old and would like to be close to a metro
station.

Nov 1st, 1997, 01:43 PM
pam

I recently stayed at the Park Court hotel. It is on Bayswater Road, right on Kensington & Hyde Park. Nice hotel - address is Lancaster Gate, London W2 3NN, phone 01714024272

Nov 4th, 1997, 01:04 PM
gina

In July we stayed at the Westland Hotel, also on Bayswater road, right across from Hyde Park. We were very lucky to get the room, as it was Friday night and we didn't have a reservation. The staff is very nice and helpful, it's right between two tube stations whose names escape me now, and the rooms were huge with big bathtubs, perfect for children. Notting Hill Gate! That's it, that's the name of one of the tube stations. There's a restaurant in the basement where you also eat the included breakfast. We thought it was a beautiful, well-located hotel, and very comfortable. Oh, and the Airbus picks up right across the street. Have a great time.

Nov 5th, 1997, 05:50 AM
Cindy

I also stayed at the Park Court Hotel (in 1996) and would recommend it highly. Very nice hotel in a great area. Hyde Park is right across the street. We felt very safe here, even walking around the area late at night. The Lancaster Gate tube stop is only a couple of blocks down the street. They have a Globus desk in the lobby that has several tours to Windsor, Tower of London, the theatres, etc. (although these are very easy and often cheaper to get to yourself on the tube.) If you will be there on a Sunday, you're in luck - there is an art show on the sidewalks around this side of Hyde Park. Wonderful paintings, crafts, jewelry, etc. Great unique items to take home! I was in London again in June and stayed at a different hotel, but when I go back again, I will book at the Park Court.

Nov 6th, 1997, 04:16 AM
Mike Miller

In Oct, we stayed at the Vicarage Hotel in Kensington's Notting Hill Gate neighborhood just around the corner from the palace. Website: http://www.deadlock.com/hotels/vicarage/
Just nextdoor is the equally as nice Abby Court Hotel. Both charge 60 pounds per nite for a double. Email me for more info on Abby Court

Nov 6th, 1997, 08:21 AM
Mike Long

I am going to London Sunday and have booked at the Regent Palace at Piccadilly Circus. Check with them about their "Week Away" rates. My Single rate is 42 pounds per night inclusive of breakfast, dinner and VAT.