Reload this Page >

Hotel recommendation in Hamburg, please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 02:49 AM
Winnie

Hello, <BR> <BR>I have posted this question here a few days ago but somehow it didn't appear. I'll be travelling to Hamburg early next week and need hotel recommendations desperately. Please let me know of personal experiences at hotels you have stayed in. Is it a better idea to stay near the main train station or to stay in the city centre? Is Hamburg safe at night. Are there any areas that I should avoid? Also need advise on short day trips out of Hamburg. I'll be in Berlin for a few days too so is it safe to walk around at night? Any area I should avoid? <BR>Thank you.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 09:16 AM
Clare

Generally areas to aviod especially at night are the Hauptbahnof areas (areas around the main train stations). <BR>Regarding accommodation in Hamburg, I've stayed at the Atlantic Hotel (really nice and within walking distance of the main station) and the Radisson (at the fair grounds and a bit more of a walk to the city). If I had my pick of hotels, I would vote for Vier Jahreszeit Hotel (four seasons). Centrally located and really comfortable hotel.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:57 AM
winnie

Hi Claire, <BR> <BR>Tks for your reply. I'll check up Vier later. Found Renaissance Hotel and the rate is within my budget. What do you think?

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Miriam

Hi, <BR> <BR>I think I already posted that on earlier question. <BR>I don`t want to offend Clare, but the Vier Jahreszeiten and the Kempinski Atlantic are two of the most expensive hotels in Germany, they`re for sure the most expensive hotels in Hamburg. <BR>If it`s ok for Winnie moneywise, I can only highly recommend both for style and elegance. Very upscale places... <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Ursula

Miriam hallo! <BR>A couple of years ago, I stayed at the Marriott on Gänsemarkt and liked it very much. Also, the location was great. It seems to have disappeared. Was it taken over by a different hotel chain? <BR>Thanks for your reply.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 06:29 AM
Miriam

Hi Ursula, <BR> <BR>it`s still there, the address just doesn`t say "Gänsemarkt". Very nice location...Here`s the link: <BR>http://marriotthotels.com/dpp/Proper...rshaCode=HAMDT <BR> <BR>Kind reards <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Ursula

Miriam: Recht herzlichen Dank und schönen Abend dann auch.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 07:24 AM
Miriam

Ursula, <BR> <BR>gern geschehen...Ich geh jetzt nach Hause...Dir auch einen schönen Abend. <BR> <BR>Miriam