Hotel recommendation in Bayeax/Normandy

Sep 6th, 1999, 05:37 PM
JIM

Hotel recommendation in Bayeax/Normandy

my parents and i are headed for normandy in october, and still need to line up a moderately priced hotel. we're now considering staying in bayeax, since it's central. any recommendations? time is running out!

Sep 15th, 1999, 09:37 AM
Walter

Jim,
I just returned from my France/Italy trip on 9/13. While in the Normandy area we stayed in Arromanches at a small hotel called Hotel d'Arromanches Restaurant le Pappagall. It was a great location about 1 block off of the beach. The restaurant was very good and the people running the hotel extremely friendly(The woman running the place spoke english). If you are looking to see the D-Day sites this is an excellent location, it is located on what was part of Gold Beach. It is very centrally located for access to Omaha, Utah etc. I think we paid about $45 - $50 per night(extra $$ if you want to include meals).You can find a picture and description at the following website http://www.normandy-tourism.org/gb/l.../01arroma.html E-mail me if you can't access it, I have the phone and fax numbers at home. Have fun!

Search this Thread