Reload this Page >

Hotel Recommendation/Don't Miss Sights in N.Wales

Notices

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a hotel in the Conwy-Llandudno-Caernarfon area. We plan to visit castles (Conwy? Caernarfon? what else?) and see Snowdonia NP. Is Llandudno a nice seaside resort, or is it a little tacky? Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:00 PM

|It is not tacky as such and has a couple of nice hotels as well as many cheaper B&B`s. It really depends on what you are looking for. Yhere are somr country house stule hotels ion the area. Tell us what you are looking for and we will be able to direct you better.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:02 AM

I like Llandudno, having spent many weekends there (we live an hour and a half drive away). We tend to stay in a small B&B but there is a huge amount of accomodation for all budgets, so you need to give an idea of your price range. The resort retains much of it's Victorian character, there are plenty of shops and places to eat and it is in easy reach of most North Wales attractions. There is plenty to see locally too. Take a trip up the Great Orme on the Victorian tramway and visit the Bronze age copper mines, or stroll on the prom or pier after dinner.

http://www.llandudno.com

As well as the castles mentioned, there is Penrhyn Castle, a National Trust 19th century mock castle, Bodnant gardens are not to be missed and you can travel to the top of Snowdon, Wales's highest mountain on the cog railway. You could also visit Beaumaris Castle and Plas Newydd (another beautiful National Trust property) on Anglesey. There is plenty to see and do in the area, I never get bored of North Wales.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:04 PM

Harlech castle is not far away.

The Blenau-Festiniog (sp?) steam railway is in this area. A trip down into the slate mines is also very interesting.

Walk the walls of Conway.

Bangor Cathedral is interesting. It had a "Bible Garden" (plants mentioned in the Bible) when I was there 20 years ago.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Hi and thanks. Our price range is $100 to $150 per night for a B & B. I am looking at a couple of places in Conwy and Llandudno, but would love some recommendations.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 12:13 AM

We usually stay at Lynton House, a 14 roomed B&B just off the seafront at Llandudno that would fit into your budget. It's clean and comfortable and serves a very good English breakfast. There are literally hundreds of B&Bs in Llandudno, so depending on the time of year, it might also be possible to go on spec. Two more upmarket hotels I have heard good things about are the St Tudno and the Empire but these will be more pricey.

http://www.lyntonhousehotel.co.uk/

Another place well worth visiting if you have the time is Portmerion.