Hotel Portoghesi (rome) Ritz hotel (florence

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 10:15 AM
Pam

Hotel Portoghesi (rome) Ritz hotel (florence

Does any one know about these 2 hotels?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:06 PM
Paulo

The Ritz is very nice, with large rooms with balconies overlooking the Arno and very good service. It has charm. It's location is on the southeast corner of what's considered the old town center, very near Santa Croce, a 500 meters stroll to Piazza della Signoria. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 05:02 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Pam <BR> <BR>The HOTEL PORTOGHESI, via Dei Portoghese, 1. is a three star hotel with 25 rooms, the street is about two <BR>blocks long and starts near the Ponte <BR>Umberto, across the river is the Naval <BR>Building. it is about 15 mins walk to <BR>the Pza di Spagna, 5 mins. to the Rotunda, about 15 mins to the Vatican <BR>and about 8 mins to the Pza Navona. <BR>Have not stayed there but this is what <BR>information I could get from www.venere.it/ and www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>/Richard of La Grange Park, IL... <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 07:13 PM
richardab

I poped into the lobby of the portoghese hotel and it looked decent. its not a fancy place but the location is great. have you considered the hotel due torri in the same area? i stayed there once and loved it. both hotels are very conveniently located and have reasonable rates.

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 05:10 AM
judy

Just bringing it to the top, for more info on the Portoghesi...I am going to stay there in Sept...any thoughts? I looked at the rants and raves, nothing yet...Thanks, Judy

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 07:35 AM
kathyli

We stayed at the Portoghesi in May '00 and loved it. It's located in small <BR>streets not far from most sights, including the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, <BR>Spanish Steps. We reserved a double room for 2 nights, but they gave us a very nice junior suite the 1st night for the price of a double. Rooms are well-kept,have nice bathrooms and quiet. We had breakfast on the rooftop(great view)and found the hotel staff to be helpful when it came to finding a <BR>nearby travel agency from which to buy train tickets (saved us a trip to <BR>Termini and its long lines). Definitely one of our favorite hotels during <BR>our weeklong stay!

Old Jul 6th, 2000, 07:28 PM
Premal Buch

We just visited Rome (first half of May) and stayed in Tetro di Pompeo for 5 days and Portoghesi for one. Teatro di Pompeo is very nice but can't say the same about Portoghesi. It is well appointed etc. but we had a bad experience. We had advance reservation for a double but got bumped to a small single with a roll-in bed because they were overbooked. The management wasn't too friendly about it either (see separate posting: "Stay away from Hotel Portoghesi"). <BR> <BR>From the previous posting, it appears that reshuffling the rooms is nothing new for this place. We just got the short end of it, I guess.. <BR>