Hotel Pont Royal and Hotel Recamier

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? I am leaning toward Hotel Recamier. The room is slightly bigger (but certainly Parisian sized) and it is close to the Luxembourg Gardens which is my son's favorite place. Of course it is the more expensive of the two. We have been to Paris before, but don't love anyplace we've stayed enough to go back. I like the location of both hotels and both have rooms with a view of something other than a street or wall. I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 01:02 PM

I would suggest you take a look at the Hotel Luxembourg Parc which is directly across the street from the gardens. I have stayed there a few times and highly recommend it:

http://en.luxembourg-paris-hotel.com/
Old Jun 19th, 2015, 07:00 AM

The Reclaimer is very nice, the rooms a little more modern then the Luxembourg Parc, but I prefer Luxembourg Parc. It also sits across from the gardens. The rooms are not very large (15m2), but over look the gardens. The Reclaimer has a slightly larger room (and more expensive), but their standard rooms are slightly smaller.
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the Luxembourg Parc recommendation. Sadly they don't have the room that I want available. I will likely check back as availability is constantly changing. The only thing I don't like about that hotel though, it that there is no room service and while I never plan to visit Paris and stay in to order room service, there will inevitably be one night where my son will declare he is just too tired to go out. Really, nothing worse than an exhausted child in a restaurant and while he doesn't misbehave, it's just not fun for anyone. I just like to have options.
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 08:25 AM

I thought you had to have room service to get a 4* rating in France. I know you don't have to have a restaurant, but I thought you had to have room service (some hotels have arrangements with a restaurant next door or something like that). The Luxembourg Parc says it has room service, though, on its website.

I don't know how the prices compare to what you want, but the Hotel de l'Abbaye is very nearby and its rooms are good size. http://hotelabbayeparis.com/

The odd thing is they are 4* and their website doesn't say they have room service.

Then there is the Esprit St Germain which is near the Recamier. It says it has room service. It also says it is a 5* hotel (which surprises me) so I imagine it is very expensive.
http://www.hotel-esprit-saint-germain.com/en/

I think it isn't really that common to have a restaurant in hotels in that part of the Latin Quarter, they are too small.

I think if you want room service and not to have to go out to a restaurant, some larger hotel might be good. The Lutetia is definitely large with lots of services and a restaurant, and not really that far away. http://lutetia-hotel.parishotelinn.com/en/

It is actually across from a small park (sq Boucicaut) and near Bon Marche, which I like. And it is closer to Luxembourg Gardens than the Pont Royal. It even claims to have a pool which surprises me.
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina. I don't need a restaurant, just like to have room service. As you mentioned several hotels don't have restaurants, but offer some type of room service. That's really all I'm looking for. I must have missed that on Luxembourg parc's website. Thanks. I'll check again. Lutetia is closed for a 3 year renovation. When it reopens I'd love to stay there! I'll check hotel de l'abbaye. I know someone who stayed at Esprit St Germain and did not have a good experience, so it hasn't been at the top of my list. I'm really only looking at 4or 5* hotels. Although in Paris, those stars don't really tell the whole story!
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 07:44 PM

We stayed at the Pont Royal twice.. .. and loved it , but we are rather (ahem) long in the tooth. The restaurant affiliated with the hotel (still, I believe) is Joel Robuchons' Atelier….. and it provided the room service. The hotel location is great. One can walk to the Louvre, the d'Orsay, etc. But your son sounds young… not sure this would be an environment he'd enjoy.