Reload this Page >

Hotel Pendini or Hotel Casci?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:49 AM
rachele

I will be going to Florence in the middle of May. I am trying to decide between Hotel Pendini or Hotel Casci. Pendini is a little more expensive, which is fine, but the people at Casci seem really nice. Anyone have any scoop on either of them?

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:52 AM
me

The people at hotel casci are very nice indeed! The hotel is not fancy but very clean and quiet and the atmosphere very pleasant. Breakfast is good too.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:02 AM
Bev

Rachele,<BR>We stayed at the Pendini 4 years ago and I heartly recommend it. The rooms were small with very compact bathrooms. However the location is perfect, the owners and staff were wonderful. They provided names of restaurants, called for reservations (which by the way, one of the places did not generally take reservations) and went out of their way to make out stay there pleasant. We still remark how much better out visit to Florence was because of their assistance.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:06 AM
Thyra

I love the Casci, staff excellent, 14th century frescos in the b-fest room, large rooms, unbeatable location. We had a room in the front, and had no problems with it, but it is a very busy street, if you are a light sleeper, request a garden room, these are located on an inner courtyard, and are wonderful. I will always book this hotel when in Florence.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:34 AM
Rachele

Thank you all for your responses. I must say, I have never heard a negative comment about Hotel Casci. I was leaning toward Pendini, but now I am thinking that Casci may be the way to go.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:47 PM
Carin

I've stayed at the Hotel Casci because it was highly recommended here, and it was fine. I have read (here) as many nasty things about the Hotel Pendini as good things. (do a search to see)You can't beat the service at the Casci (for that price), and breakfast is good.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:54 PM
Grasshopper

I usually stay at Casci in Florence. Darn! I'll never get another reservation there after all the stuff that's been on here lately. Better find the next best thing!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:57 AM
Rachele

I am definitely going to book at the Casci. I got an email from Paolo, and it was so nice. Thank you again for your input.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 10:08 AM
Diane

We were on a 3-week trip for our 25th anniversary when we stayed at Hotel Casci (pronounced Cash-ee, by the way) for two nights. They surprised us with a bottle of sparkling wine and glasses in our room! It was a great location and as noted by all the staff was great. My only problem was that the water in our room wasn't really hot -- but for two nights, I could deal with it. (Everything else was just fine.)Ask about the laundry service...it was heaven! Leave the bag at the front desk by 9 or so in the AM, have fresh, clean and folded laundry on your bed by 5PM.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:00 PM
Rob

Rachele, how long did it take for you to get an email from Paolo? Just curious as I've been waiting to hear for a couple of days.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:03 PM
Rob

Oh, I'm thinking between Casci and Soggiorno Battistero. Casci is a little bit more. Any info on SB? Thank you.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:05 PM
Rachele

Rob, I heard from Paolo very quickly -- in a few hours. Maybe try again, make sure the e-mail address is right... He seemed really, really nice.<BR><BR>I have heard good things about SB also. I actually looked into getting a reservation there, but they were booked on the days in May that I wanted.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:33 PM
Ted

I stayed at the Pendini in October and liked it a lot. Great location. Our room was large, but then again, we were in a suite (family of 5). Quite reasonable. Cannot compare to the other hotels, since I haven't stayed at the others. Have a great time!! Florence is wonderful. Have dinner at Paoli while you are there.