Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotel Parlamento or Res. Canali in Rome (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotel-parlamento-or-res-canali-in-rome-749119/)

lvillinois Nov 17th, 2007 06:45 AM

Hotel Parlamento or Res. Canali in Rome

Have been researching for our trip to Rome in Fall '08 and have narrowed down to these 2 hotels, I think...

We would like to be centrally located, want a hotel with charm, but still need our comforts(good beds, clean room, functional bath w/ shower, decent breakfast, not too loud for sleeping)
Decent price
Friendly, helpful staff

After reading many reviews these 2 seem to fit the bill...which would you choose?

Royal Nov 17th, 2007 06:51 AM

We stayed at Hotel Parlamento 3 years ago in one of the rooms on the top floor which opens out onto the terrace. They will serve your breakfast on the terrace or in the downstairs breakfast room.

Didn't see any other rooms so can't comment on them but we really liked our room. Had a nice bath & shower. The room is not big but was very clean.

As you mentioned the price was very good and the staff very friendly & helpful.

This hotel books up fast so don't wait too long.

lyndash Nov 17th, 2007 06:58 AM

My daughter and I stayed at the Parlamento in Feb. 05 for 8 days. it was very nice for a very good price and the location was great. we walked everywhere from there.

you can find my trip report by clicking on my name. Have a great time, we loved Roma! lynda

lvillinois Nov 17th, 2007 09:06 AM

Thanks for the responses

Anyone stayed at either recently? They sound similar...would either one be a good choice?

amyb Nov 17th, 2007 09:41 AM

I stayed at the Parlamento last week, actually. You can find my trip report if you click my name. I did have a single room, which I found extremely small (more so than any other single I've had). It was clean, secure and excellently located. The bed had seen better days (felt the springs, not very soft). But for what you pay I think it's good value. The staff are great too, which is a plus. You might want to look into upgrading your room a bit, just to ensure you get the size/quality that others mention.

lvillinois Nov 17th, 2007 11:26 AM

amyb
That's pretty recent! Just got a quote back from them of 219USD incl taxes and breakfast, sound reasonable? Does to me if room is not too small and bed comfy!

Anyone stayed at the Residenzia Canali? Would like to hear about it as it's highly rated on TA and may be nicer than Parlamento. Same location I think, but Google map cannot seem to find it's address. Thanks!

i_am_kane Nov 17th, 2007 12:02 PM

lvillinois,

This may be the link you need for the address of the Hotel Residenza Canali ai Coronari Rome.

http://www.ehi.com/Italy/Hotel_Resid...onari-Rome.htm

I had notes in my Rome hotel file from 2006: "Restored in 2002 - street off Pz. Navona, lots of stairs (3*)." It was a hotel I considered in 2006 because it had quadruple rooms.

nini Nov 17th, 2007 12:14 PM

We are just back from Rome and stayed in Hotel Parlemento. The price quote you got sounds a bit high for fall. We got our room for 105 euros which was a great price. The bathroom was very small but the room was fine and on the back which was a quiet location. The location was good--we walked almost everywhere.

sandi_travelnut Nov 17th, 2007 01:36 PM

It's been since late Dec 2004 since I stayed at Hotel Residenza Canali ai Coronari. I found it noisey but other did not. I thought the room decor was sub standard but the location was excellent.

Samsaf Nov 17th, 2007 04:33 PM

We stayed at the Residenza Canali in February of this year and loved it. It has everything you want on your list. We will definitely stay there again when we revisit Rome.

nancy1652 Nov 18th, 2007 05:49 PM

I would like to stay at the Hotel Parlemento in March but there's no place to email them on their website. Do you have to call them to make a reservation?
Thanks,
Nancy

i_am_kane Nov 18th, 2007 06:00 PM

This is the last e-mail address I had for the Hotel Parlamento:

[email protected]

nancy1652 Nov 18th, 2007 07:44 PM

Thanks, I must not have looked carefully enough.

hausfrau Nov 19th, 2007 12:14 AM

I stayed at Residenza Canali with my mother in June and really enjoyed it. My full review is on Trip Advisor under StuttgartHausfrau. It is SO close to Piazza Navonna and yet on a lovely, quiet street (I'm really not sure how people could find it noisy, but maybe they were on one of the lower floors and had loud neighbors?). It may be hard to locate because the street is so small, but it is a few hundred feet from Piazza Navonna, right off of Via del Coronari (sp?).

I think both hotels are nice choices so you probably can't go wrong with either...

i_am_kane Nov 19th, 2007 04:22 AM

Nancy, perhaps you didn't find further informatio because of your misspelling of the hotel name.

It is Parla, not Parle. Something small, but it could cause frustrations when searching online.

lvillinois Nov 19th, 2007 06:08 AM

Made my decision just booked Hotel Parlamento after finding that Hotel Residenza Canali was booked! We were quoted 150E which seems a little high but want to have something booked. Sounds like it should be OK and location looks good on the map...on to other planning...

lvillinois Nov 19th, 2007 06:14 AM

OOPS! Forgot to say thanks for all the help!

amyb Nov 19th, 2007 06:46 AM

lv, I was charged 116E a night in November for a single, so a bigger room may be worth 150E. Sounds good to me...

lvillinois Nov 19th, 2007 06:58 AM

amyb
They already confirmed our res. and said we would have shower, no tub, and would try to give us a larger room. We'll see.

hausfrau
thanks for the help...as we are traveling to Munich/Salzburg the following week, I'm sure I'll be posting for ideas!

2Travlrs Jan 4th, 2008 11:28 PM

We are a mature mom and an adult daughter who will be spending 4 days in Rome in March - first trip there. Are the 2 hotels mentioned above close to train stations (and is that the best way to get from/to the airport) - 4 or 5 blocks of walking?

Any suggestions on what to see in such limited time?

Thanks.