Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Oceania or hotel Teatropace in Rome?

Old Feb 18th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where exactly is Oceania? I cannot tell from their website. Is it near Campo D. Fiori? My fiance and I want to be near many restaurants, clubs, and attractions. Any thoughts on either hotel? I have already read the reviews on tripadvisor. I just wanted your feedback. Thanks
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 12:11 PM

I would love to post all my positive thoughts on the Oceania but I am currently being "stalked" by the lunatic poster Lionel1. If you read www.tripadvisor.com though, you read my review.

There is a map in the Rick Steve's Italy book that shows the location of the hotel. I don't remember it being particularly close to Campo di Fiori, but I know that we did walk through there a couple of times and we walked everywhere in Rome (no taxis or buses). So (at the risk of sounding horribly redundant!!), it is within walking distance ;-)

I do remember that there were not many restaurants, nor any clubs that we saw, near the Oceania. It was really quiet at night and we couldn't even find a grocery store open at midnight when we walked home late one night hungry and thirsty for a snack.

So if you are wanting something lively, I don't think it would be the best hotel for you.

Hope this helps Have a lovely trip to Rome!
Jill
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 12:27 PM

We will be back from the TeatroPace on March 7. I can't wait to post a review because so many people seem anxious for more info. I leave on Thursday and can hardly wait.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

OOH, I cannot wait for you review either! Please have a wonderful time and tell us all about it!
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 08:30 PM

Tuscanlifeedit:

Are you back yet....or did you decide to stay? We're dying to hear your review of the TeatroPace!