hotel near the Campo De Fiori

Jan 31st, 2001, 11:00 AM
Melissa

hotel near the Campo De Fiori

We are looking for a hotel near the Campo De Fiori for our early May trip to Rome. We want to be near the Campo de Fiori's morning market, restaurants and wonderful bakeries. Our max budget is $200 a night. Any suggestions or anecdotes would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 31st, 2001, 02:21 PM
sally

Melissa: stayed in the area in Oct. I cannot give you a hotel right in the area, but we did stay in a GREAT B&B, which also has an Apt and Deluxe B&B rooms for rent. Rates are great and we could easily stroll to mkt every a.m. Check out the website www.guestinitaly.com and look for Piazza Monte di Pieta. Any hotels near the Piazza Navona would also be close to the Campo and I believe that the Dui Torre is in that area. Perhaps another poster will respond once this goes to the top and can give you additional ideas. Regards, Sally

Jan 31st, 2001, 02:58 PM
nancy

melissa,
go to www.venere.it and check out the hotel listings, they have a map of rome and you can zero in to an area.

Feb 1st, 2001, 04:35 AM
Bjorn Alvik

This message I posted some months ago to another person.
Campo dei Fiori has been on this forum many times since august, and you may find a lot of comments, including mine.
I've stayed in the area twice the last two years, and once in Campo dei Fiori.
I agree that the area is perfect, PERFECT, for a Rome stay.
The hotel also is very nice, but with steep stairs. If you do not feel fit for that, you better find another hotel. But if you don't mind, you'll have a very nice and moderately priced stay.
In 99 my wife and I were lucky to get one of the hotel's flats, located very close by. This flat had two floors. Small kitchen, sleeping room and two small living rooms in the lowest, bathroom and a marvellous roof balcony on the top. Fantastic, and the price was 250000 lire per night for the flat, including breakfast for both of us in the hotel's restaurant. Go for it if you feel you can manage three really steep stairs. But book early.
Bjorn

Feb 1st, 2001, 05:59 AM
nancy

Stayed at the Hotel Campo De Diori several April's ago. Agree it's for the fit - our room was on the 4th floor, up the steep stairs. In spite of this, we loved staying there. Wonderful location, roof-top patio for gazing out on Rome and evening cocktails and friendly staff all added up to a terrific visit.