Hotel near Chantilly & CDG question

Dec 5th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Mitch

Hotel near Chantilly & CDG question

If anyone has stayed overnight in the Chantilly area north of Paris, can you tell me if there is much of a problem with noise pollution from the jets taking off/landing at nearby CDG airport?

Dec 5th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Sue

I stayed in Luzarches (Chantilly area) at the Chateau du Chaumontel, and there was no problem.

Dec 5th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Mitch

Thanks, Sue....that's exactly the hotel I'm planning to stay at. How are the rooms there? I was leaning toward staying at the Chateau de la Tour, but the photo of Chaumontel looks really charming.

Dec 6th, 2001, 04:31 AM
Julie

I've stayed there too, though several years ago. It was charming and the grounds are especially beautiful. The rooms are named for famous French and international women, we stayed in the Lola Montez. The place has wood paneling in the halls, kind of like "steak house" decor. My husband thought it was very nice--kind of a guy thing. I certainly don't recall a problem with plane noise.

Dec 6th, 2001, 09:50 AM
Ess

Last time, we stayed our last night in France in Antilly (not Chantilly), which is just east of Chantilly, in a little auberge called Le Poivre et Sel. We wanted to be close to CDG for departure the next day. We were about 25 min. by car from CDG. I know you asked specifically about Chantilly but, just for some additional information for you, I highly recommend this little auberge for its quaint atmosphere (spotlessly clean) and really excellent food. The family that owns it are very nice. And the surrounding countryside is very peaceful. It was hard to believe how close to Paris we were.

Dec 7th, 2001, 05:50 PM
Sue

Mitch, the rooms were very charmingly furnished and larger than the Paris hotel rooms I usually stay in; the bathroom was large, also--unusual for hotels in this price range. It's been a few yrs. since I have been there, but I check it out on the website occasionally and find that it is still very reasonable. The grounds are lovely, too; a chateau, complete with a moat! I don't think you can go wrong with it.
Perhaps you read about it on www.karenbrown.com?

Dec 7th, 2001, 08:59 PM
mitch

Appreciate the responses. Actually, Chateau d Chaumontel is a recommended place to have a good meal by Frommers. I just looked up their website & liked the photos so much I thought it would be a good place to stay. My reason for visiting the area is that I'm a horse enthusiast & want to visit some of the training stables in the area & take in a few polo matches in Apremont.I didn't know the hotel was recommended by Karen Brown....that makes it a sure bet for quality.