Hotel Near CDG Airport?

Apr 19th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Lisa

Hotel Near CDG Airport?

I have reservations at the Hotel Plaisance for the night before we come back home (after week in Normandy). It's located in Othis (I can't find on my #989 Michelin map), which the hotel says is 18 miles away.

Does anyone have feedback about the hotel, it's location (specifically, is it close enough to the airport to serve the purpose)?

Does anyone have another recommendatiion for a nice hotel for that last night?

Thanks everyone!

Apr 19th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Betty

Looks very nice. http://www.karenbrown.com/france/plaisance.html
On my map Othis looks even closer than that, maybe 18 km./10-11 mi.
I guess you know that there are several hotels on the grounds of the airport, most of which offer free shuttles to the terminals. You can get information about them and see their locations at http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich?ReadForm&cle=X500550554

Apr 19th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Lisa

Thanks, Betty. Where approx. on your map does it look like Othis is located? Near what town, or on what route?

Appreciate your info.

Apr 20th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Betty

Othis is NE of CDG. The most direct route would be leaving CDG on the D401 to Dammartin en Goele, then a short hop NW on the D13 to Othis. (You could also use the larger N2 route, but for that short a distance it probably isn't worth it.)I am using the Michelin Touring and Motoring Atlas (large format, yellow, spiral-bound). If you can find it, it is well worth the $20 or so, especially if you are going to do much driving in France. Othis is on p. 42, square A1. Bonne route!

Apr 20th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Louis

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Paris-CDG to catch an 8 am flight to Venice the next day. They are about 1 mile from CDG. They have a free shuttle service that leaves every 15 minutes with stops at all of the terminals. If you have a Hyatt Gold Passport account you most likely can get the room with 8,000 point as we did. You can take a look at it at http://paris.hyatt.com/paris/index.html
A large double room is about $150 a night. I could not find anything closer or better.

Apr 20th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Lisa

Betty,

Found it! (or a proximal location). And I'm off to get the bigger Michelin. Thanks for the heads up on that one. Good to know since I'm the navigator. And I'm now satisfied that this is close enough to CDG to suit our purposes. You've been invaluable!

Apr 20th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Santa Chiara

I recently stayed at the Sheraton CDG, which is directly connecteds to Terminal C. You walk out the doors, turn a couple of corners and you're there. It's expensive (for me), but I found a deal for about $180. It has a small gym, and so I worked out really hard before boarding. Would have helped except the flight was delayed 8 hours.

Apr 20th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Betty

Lisa, glad I could help. And thank you for mentionning that hotel. It really looks nice and seems a good alternative for those who don't want to stay at an airport hotel their last night in France. I assume you are keeping your car to drive from there to the airport and will turn it in at CDG. If so, remember to build in some extra time for that. I wish you a wonderful stay in France.

Apr 20th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Moonbeam

Lisa,
betty has a very good suggestion on allowing extra time to turn in your car..it took us over an hour to find the return lotthe first time we did it. had to get the doorman at the hotel to point us in the right direction by following a shuttle van!

Apr 20th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Lisa

Betty and Moonbeam,

I'll heed your warnings about early arrival! I have already asked the car rental people to give me the directions to the car return area at the airport. You've been very helpful.