Reload this Page >

Hotel Muguet or Hotel Champ de Mars!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Jeff

Trying to make decision for hotel stay in Paris. Am torn between Hotel Muguet and Hotel Champ de Mars. Would like your opinions, please.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Liz

I loved the Hotel Muguet --it was charming, friendly, had great breakfasts (though not free), was spotless, and had new, firm beds. I struggled with these two choices myself, and was happy with my decision, but I have no opinion about what the Champs de Mars is like. <BR> <BR>Liz

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Beth

We stayed at the Hotel Muguet earlier this summer and really enjoyed it. Although the room was very small, it was extremely clean, and the bathroom was nice and modern. The staff was helpful, and the hotel has a wonderful little courtyard where we relaxed in the late afternoon. The Muguet is on a quiet street, yet close to Rue Cler and to several Metro stops.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 07:53 AM
Betsy

We stayed at the Muguet last June and loved it. Would definitely go back. We opted for the Champ de Mars for October 2001, just to see what it's like in comparison and because the reviews are good. CdeM is a bit lower cost. <BR> <BR>Bon voyage

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Nancy

In May we stayed at Champ de Mars and we liked it much, much better than Muguet where we stayed last October

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 08:48 AM
s.fowler

Nancy -- could you explain a little why you prefer the Champs de Mars? That would help us all a lot!

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 05:28 PM
topping

Topping

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 06:17 AM
mbb

Just returned from a stay at Muguet. We loved it and would not need to look any further. It was exactly what I was looking for it a Paris hotel, small, charming, very friendly staff and a lovely new bathroom. Passed by Champ du Mars but did not go in.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Sue

I have stayed at the Hotel Champ de Mars and enjoyed very much. However, I would opt for the Hotel Muguet the next time just for a change. I did see the Hotel Muguet and found it charming. Either way you won't go wrong.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Linda

My daughter and I stayed at the Champ de Mars in May. We enjoyed it very much, though the "new decor" was getting a bit worn. Also, If your room faces the street and you are not a heavy sleeper, use earplugs. The Cafe noise from the street is charming but wears thin in a few nights. After personally checking out the Hotel Muguet I decided it was our next stay! Already booked for this May.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 08:58 AM
Sue

Linda, <BR>Did you book directly with the Hotel Muguet or thru Parishotels.com

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 09:07 AM
Maira

Sue--- the first time I stayed at the Muguet I e-mailed then thru the following website and obtained a reply within 24 hours. Ask them to fax you a confirmation as they fill very, very quickly: <BR> <BR>http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75007muguet.htm <BR> <BR>To reiterate the above, I loved the Muguet, the location and the neighborhood. I love trying new hotels, but in Paris, if the Muguet is available, I would look no further.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 09:08 AM
mbb

Sue <BR>Even though you asked Linda, I booked directly through Muguet by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Got an immediate friendly response.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Linda

I too booked using [email protected]. <BR>A very fast reply. Do book as early as possible!

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 01:26 PM
s.fowler

I was hoping that Nancy would post again giving her reasons for liking Champ de Mars better. <BR> <BR>In my limited experience, of the two I would select Muguet. I only visited the lobby of CdeM and found it nice, but the person on the desk was not particularly responsive to my questions. I realize that is not much of a basis to make a reasoned judgment <BR> <BR>We were supposed to stay at Muguet in '98, but my FORMER travel agent screwed up. What impressed me was the kindness with which we were treated by the Muguet front desk. They called another hotel [La Motte Picquet as it turned out] and had someone walk us over there. My impression of Muguet was that was service oriented and a bit more "chic" than CdeM. But until Hotel La Motte-Picquet gives us reason to look elsewhere we won't know

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Jean

Nancy, please tell us why you preferred the Champ de Mars over the Muguet? Thanks, Jean.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 03:07 PM
A.M.

I stayed at the Muguet in April and while I agree with the other posts about it's qualities, it is a 2 star hotel with very small rooms, simple furnishings and amenities. Having said that, it is an excellent choice for the price.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Yvonne

I stayed at the Muguet in March 2001. I agree with the earlier posters. Very friendly, helpful staff. Small, cute room. Spotless, like new bathroom and comfortable bed. It is simply a cute hotel on a quiet street. I would definately stay there again.

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 03:22 AM
Nancy

A few of you asked why I prefer Champs de Mars so here is my answer but it is not easy to write this since I liked Muguet for a long time. <BR>My husband and I went early for breakfast and some of the tables where not ready yet. As we had our breakfast we watched a woman setting other tables. She took one coffe cup and put her finger in it. She wiped something off and put it on the table, looked down and picked up again, put some of her saliva in it (you got a picture right?)and put it down again, then checked it out again and this time was happy with an outcome. Soon a couple came, he drank from this cup that was only recently cleaned with woman's saliva. Sorry about this description but it certainly turned me off. For now I prefer Champ de Mars