Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Mecenate Palace, a suit for e 320/night

Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Im having trouble with this post. mea culpa however, does anyone know if this is a good price for this hotel. We are single f friends planning on splurging our last 4 nights in Italy. What about the location, convenient, safe etc.? Any info greatly appreciated, thanks Mary
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:20 PM

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...2&tid=34423336

Here is your earlier post on the same topic, with replies.

(Once you have logged in to this board, click on your name at the upper left corner. This will bring up all threads on which you have posted - the easiest way to find old questions you have asked and responses to same.)
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:33 PM

www.mecenatepalace.com

Oops, just noticed that the replies you received weren't very helpful. Still, it is best to "top" your original post rather than starting a new one on the same topic.

If you type "mecenate palace" into the text box at the top of this page and hit the search button, you'll get 18 threads mentioning this hotel which may have some useful feedback. By typing the hotel name into Google.com, I also found quite positive feedback on tripadvisor.com:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ome_Lazio.html

It's a bit close to Termini for my taste, so I would not opt for that location regardless of how fabulous the hotel itself might be. Even if I could afford to pay for cabs everywhere (which I cannot), I prefer to be somewhere where I can simply stroll "home" at the end of the night. For this reason, my ideal location for Rome is near the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. I've also stayed near the Piazza de Spagna and found this a fairly convenient location, though with more of a focus on upscale shopping.
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:40 PM

See also the Rants & Raves section on this site for multiple comments - rated a 5! The hotel itself is obviously very nice.
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your help lesli, as you can see my ttt wasnt working very well. Do you have any 4 star recommendations in the Pantheon or Piazza novona? Thanks again, Mary