Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Hotel Majestic or Hotel Condes De Barcelona

Hotel Majestic or Hotel Condes De Barcelona

Mar 19th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Majestic or Hotel Condes De Barcelona

Both hotels seem to be in a similar location, but is one more upscale than the other? Which has better "standard" accomodations? Thank you for any feedback you can provide.
Mar 20th, 2004, 05:34 AM

Wendalla- The Majestic is a little more upscale than the Condes De Barcelona. Both are very close to each other as far as location. I believe the Condes De Barcelona may have a more intimate feel to it in their lobby- smaller then Majestic.
The Majestic is very elegant, yet inviting. The staff is terrific and my room was large, furnished lovely with a huge, great modern, marble bathroom! One of the treats was I had a room with a balcony facing Passeig de Gracia with the fabulous view of Gaudi buildings (Casa Batilla) and the famous block of Discordia. The Majestic does have a very well known restaurant called "DROLMA" which I did not eat at, but is supposed to be excellent and rated very high. The bar gets an interesting upscale sophisticated crowd in the evenings. Surrounded by Chanel, Loewe, and all the upscale shops, it is a great location. The Condes De Barcelona is certainly a good choice as well, however, I was told the rooms vary depending on which section of the hotel you are.
The Majestic has a small basic pool and health club on the roof if that is of interest to you. The view from the roof is beautiful. You can't go wrong with either hotel.

Search this Thread