Hotel Luxembourg - Paris??

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:12 AM
May

Hotel Luxembourg - Paris??

Has anyone stayed here (its in the Latin Quarter, 4 rue de Vaugirard)? It looks like a nice place, any comments, complaints?

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 09:07 AM
Jayelle

You can go to the French Hotel Reservations Center (you can find it at www.france.com) and look up the comments on this hotel. There are many negative comments about the attitude of the hotel staff and about their policy of overbooking the hotel. Also, you can do a search on this forum using the hotel name for more comments.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 09:18 AM
elaine

This hotel has had decidedly mixed reviews on this forum, you can search for the comments by the hotel name.
It is not to be confused with the
hotel des Jardin du Luxembourg which has been consistently praised
You can also look for comments at
www.paris.org and www.hotelboulevard.com

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Austin

I cant believe that after all the negative posts on this hotel people are still asking about it.
I said this before and Ill say it again: The Luxembourg is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in Paris.
Make that anywhere.
BUT---it is now a member of the TOP hotel chain which is a reputable outfit--so things may have changed.
Also Elaine is right--theres the Jardin d Luxembourg and another Luxembourg sound alike which may be the cause of some confusion
But, May---why bother when there are so many other good ones to choose from---just backpedal here and youllfind them

AH

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Meg

You can access Sandra Gustafson's site. She has take the Hotel Luxembourg out of her 2001 edition of Cheap Sleeps in Paris. I think her site is "www.cheapsleepsandeats.com"

good Luck

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 06:27 AM
parislover

Topping for Lisa

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:16 AM
topper

topping for Susan.
No AC there.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Susan

Thanks for all the input, I will put a big X on this one as I would not risk even the chance of picking a bad hotel.