Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Loggiata de Serviti in Florence, and a farmhouse in Tuscany-- need advice!

Hotel Loggiata de Serviti in Florence, and a farmhouse in Tuscany-- need advice!

Mar 5th, 2001, 08:32 PM
ally

Booked 4 nights in the Hotel Loggiato de Serviti in Florence. Based on the previous entries, hotel is beautiful,but on the noisy side. Has anyone stayed there resently? Is it worth $180 per night?

We are also looking for working farm/winery not far from Siena-- can anyone suggest a special scenic place, preferably in the evirons of Siena (convenient as a base)?

Thanks

Mar 6th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Linda

Ally,
I stayed there for five nights about a year ago. The noise you are referring to comes from the piazza. At night, the young, semi-homeless group hangs out on the steps around the hotel. They are just laughing and having fun, but it can get a bit noisy if your room faces the piazza. Get a room facing the garden, and you will not hear a thing. The location is ideal and you will not believe how close it is to all the things you will want to do in Florence.

Mar 7th, 2001, 03:37 AM
Mike Miller

Ally, stayed in Il Columbiao B&B in Torre which is about 10 miles outside of Siena (not a frattoria or winery) It's a very nice country barn converted into a wonderful B&B and we had a great time there. Here's the link:
http://www.toscanaholiday.com/

Mar 7th, 2001, 03:04 PM
mary

We stayed at the Loggiato dei Serveti last June and loved it!!! We were in a room facing the rear of the hotel so had no problem with noise---- the hotel is charming and even though it is located north of the Duomo we had no problem walking all over the city and enjoyed every minute--- the staff was very accomodating and the breakfast was very lovely.

I would say that the value for the money is well worth it!!

Mary

Mar 7th, 2001, 08:41 PM
karen

I stayed at the Loggiata de Serviti several years ago and really liked it also. The location is great, minutes from the Duomo etc. Also, I stayed in a back room and had no noise. I would definitely recommend it.

Mar 8th, 2001, 04:01 AM
Cathy

For Agriturismo's (ie, vineyard apts) try www.knowital.com. We booked through that site at a vineyard outside of Florence. We go in a month so will see if the photos and info match the apartment we got. It was handled very professionally