Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel les Antiques and Mas de Cornud, St. Remy?

Feb 9th, 2000, 07:35 AM
Ruth

Has anyone stayed at either of these two places? I would appreciate any first hand-hand feedback on either or any other recommended lodging in St. Remy. Thanks.

Feb 13th, 2000, 10:29 AM
Ruth

To the top.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 05:55 PM
Toodie Dodson

My husband & I stayed at Mas deCornud last May & loved it. Run by a very charming couple more than willing to advise about the sights, restaurants, etc. Very pretty rooms, lovely gardens, pool, quiet location a little out of town. We will never forget the wonderful dinners that lasted well into the evening. A cooking school is on the premises so all food served including some marvelous cheeses are described by the hostess who teaches cooking. Host is in charge of the wine cellar (& he is from Montana, she is Egyptian). We will go back to France in a couple of years & plan on staying at this inn while we are in the south--don't think we can do better for the price.

Mar 23rd, 2000, 03:51 AM
Boots

On 10 March 2000, I stayed at the three-star Les Ateliers de l'image in St-Rémy. We chose it because of its downtown location and were quite satisfied with the rooms. It is run by some young artists whose specialty is photography. The hotel has a dark room on site. The 2000 rates run from 560-660 FF. We paid 660 for our twin-bedded room with shower. We were able to park the car right at the door. There is a pool. I liked the response of the preceding poster, but if you want something right downtown, perhaps Les Ateliers is a good choice. www/hotelphoto.com. E-mail: [email protected].

Mar 24th, 2000, 08:00 AM
Ruth

Thanks for the info, but in the meantime, I booked us at the Domaine de Valmouraine outside St. Remy. Then my husband met someone at work who's stayed at Valmouraine several times and loves it--small world. Will post a report on it and other lodgings after we return.