Hotel Left Bank Saint Germain Paris

May 19th, 2002, 03:55 AM
Katy

Hotel Left Bank Saint Germain Paris

Hi

Believe this is now owned by Best Western! Can anyone recommend or tell my some info other than what is available on the website. I see it is also recommended by Karen Brown!

Many thanks.

May 19th, 2002, 04:07 AM
ck

Stayed at this hotel , but it was 8 years ago. the breakfast was good, the rooms fine and we had a huge bathroom. Great location. Can walk to many things.

May 19th, 2002, 07:44 AM
carol

hi katy:

we stayed there a few yrs ago and my adult son stayed there last week. i thought the rooms were very small and we had problems with the street noise at night. my son asked for a room on the back side and had no problem with the noise, so be sure and request a room not on the street. the location is wonderful! right by many shops, markets, cafes and the metro.

May 19th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Patrick

Correction, it is not owned by Best Western, the private owners just pay for an association with Best Western.
I have stayed there twice, once for a full two weeks, but that was about 5 or 6 years ago. We got a deluxe room which was fairly large, and had a sort of built in day bed in addition to the two twins pushed together. The day bed was great for extra room to relax. The bath was quite large and very nice. The decor is pretty dark -- rustic beams and nicely upholstered walls in toile fabrics. The deluxe rooms like we had are on the back of the hotel, so are very quiet, but again, pretty dark. My biggest complaint was that the air conditioning is not individually controlled and we nearly froze half the time.
I never did breakfast there; it seemed skimpy and expensive. But I prefer the nearby cafes anyway.
You couldn't beat the location -- but I actually prefer Le Regent, a block away, for the same or slightly lower price. I feel the superior rooms at Le Regent are a little nicer, and certainly brighter. You can also control your own air condidtioning.

Aug 25th, 2003, 07:58 AM

Topping for Kascha912.