Hotel Le Tourville

Mar 30th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Linda

Hotel Le Tourville

Has anyone stayed at this Hotel? Most of the ones mentioned in National Geographic are booked. The area looks good but wondering if anyone has stayed here?
Linda

Mar 30th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Linda

Sorry, I forgot to mention this hotel is in Paris!

Mar 30th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Me

Hi Linda,

We've stayed 4 times at the Tourville and been very pleased. There was a recent thread (earlier this week I think) about the hotel - someone had a not so good experience there. You might want to do a search just to read all the comments. I'm hoping that was just an exception becasue we realy like the Tourville - nice quiet rooms, tile/marble baths, great location.

Hope that helps.

Me

Mar 30th, 2001, 10:43 AM
StCirq

I have stayed at the Tourville a number of times and loved it. However, someone posted a few days ago that she'd just returned and had had a bad experience - a tour group of noisy 14-year-olds, I think, and leaky ceiling or something along those lines. I believe she said what really bothered her was the hotel's unwillingness to deal with her complaints. There's another hotel I very much like just about around the corner from the Tourville - you might give it a try.

http://www.hotelbook.com/static/welcome_27845.html#top

Mar 30th, 2001, 05:31 PM
ldsant

Linda:

I'm the one who posted earlier this week about my stay at Le Tourville. St. Cirq is correct - it was the way that the hotel handled my complaints (or rather, didn't) that bothered me the most. Yes, there was an entire hotel filled with noisy 14-year olds, banging the entire night and early AM, no air conditioning, etc.

I have stayed there three previous times before this time. I love the location and the hotel is extremely clean but after this last time I think I'll look to stay elsewhere in the same neighborhood next time I'm in Paris (this fall). Perhaps it was just an off-day, but I think when I'm paying myself and on a vacation then if I have a legitimate complaint it should be addressed properly. However, they didn't charge me for the bottle of water that I had purchased the night before.